Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • BT help line
  • grahamh
    Free Member

My mother has had here phone disconnected due to none payment of the bill, even though she hasn’t received a bill since February. The automated system end up telling to **** off as I’m not the account holder. Even if I say I am the account holder it just tells the line has been suspended due to none payment of the bill, then terminates the call.

Does any one have a telephone for bt help that result in a human picking up the call rather than one of crap automated systems?

Cougar

150, innit?

grahamh
    Free Member

150 is the crappy automated system that terminates the call, telling me the bleeding obvious and not giving the option to requtest a bill.

project
    Free Member

0800 800 150,

grahamh
    Free Member

Err again sorry no. thats just the CRAPPY automated system.
    Which has succeeded in pissing off not just my self by my sisters as well.

project
    Free Member

0800 44 33 11 from the back of my bill

or

0800 800 151 for faults ans ask to be transfered.

http://www.bt.com/helpwithmybill

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

just use number you can dial and pay by card over the phone. reinstated within minutes. thats using the crappy automated system

grahamh
    Free Member

just use number you can dial and pay by card over the phone. reinstated within minutes. thats using the crappy automated system

But they haven’t sent a bill, that the big problem, it now nigh in impossible to get though to a human to ask them to send a bill.

All those number just end up with the call being terminated, as the bill hasn’t been paid…
    Have forwarded them to one of my sisters to call, se if she can get though and talk to a human, we can live in hope.

project
    Free Member

Use another phone or go to BT.COM, AND SET UP AN ACCOUNT, you just need an email and the account number,

Simples as the meercat says

crikey
    Free Member

How pretty are your sisters?

poly
    Free Member

due to none payment of the bill, even though she hasn’t received a bill since February

For them to have disconnected you in April I would guess it is the February bill that is not paid? I’ve not been with BT for a few years, but IIRC it was about 3 weeks from bill to “red bill” reminding you, then another couple of weeks before a final demand letter and then another week or so before they did anything like that (based on a business which “carefully managed its cashflows!). All in you’d be looking at 6 weeks plus from bill to disconnect.

If there is no dispute with the value of the outstanding amount then as TJ says just pay it using automated system and then argue about missing bills and reminders etc.

grahamh
    Free Member

crikey, their married 😉

February bill was paid, pior to a house move. Which they cocked up the phone transfer for, by cutting of the line 5 days before the move and not activating the new one till 3 days after. Since then no bill has been received, no reminder or final reminder.

There is some dispute into the amount being asked for by the automated sytem which is well over x3 the bill received in feb. so untill a bill is received showing how the figure is arrived at the automated system is not an option.

We just want to talk to a human, not a machine.

crikey
    Free Member

Happily married, or just married? 😉

spooky_b329

Try ringing up using your own phone line details, and then explain you are ringing up on behalf of your mother.

Or, just ring 150 and then don’t press any buttons, it may then divert to a human as if you have a really old phone with pulse dialling, you cannot navigate through a call platform. (as the phone won’t make any tones when you press the buttons) It may or may not work…there can’t be many phones that are still using pulse dialling.

grahamh
    Free Member

Try ringing up using your own phone line details, and then explain you are ringing up on behalf of your mother.

That worked, and I got to speak to a human 😀
    And guess what the postman delivered while I was on the phone, the March bill.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘BT help line’ is closed to new replies.