Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • BT e-mail fault -iPad only
  • tthew

Mrs tthew has gone out leaving me with a weird fault. BT e-mail isn’t working on her iPad, but works fine on my Nexus. Also, my g-mail works on the iPad.

Convinced it’s an issue at their end, has generally been a bit flaky recently. Anyone else with a problem tonight?

Ta.

stumpyjon

Check the port settings etc. For a while my talk talk email worked fine on the tablet but not on any of the PCs. Ieventually remebered id changed outgoing port settings on the tablet on holiday in Turkey. Talk talk must have changed something in the uk meaning the old pc settings were no longer valid.

tthew

Done that. And all the usual restart the tablet, router, delete and reinstall the account plus switch some settings off and on.

Can’t think of much else. Until I reset the router the only clue was that it reported ‘updated yesterday’ which is ‘updated just now’ since the router restart but still no messages.

matthewlhome
    Free Member

Ours does something like this every now and then. Email works on desktop and iPad but not lap top, or doesn’t work on phone but on other devices etc.

All port settings are correct, but it just stops working. Normally fixes itself overnight.

Infuriating though

tthew

Yeah, think it’s done that before. Stupid iPads.

nsaints
    Free Member

Mine did this last night tried everything. In the end re-inputted the password into the outbound mail server, within the settings. Worked fine after that.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘BT e-mail fault -iPad only’ is closed to new replies.