Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • BT broadband extender angst….
  • toxicsoks
    Free Member

On my 2nd BT Multiport bb extender 500 and like it’s predecessor it refuses to link with the network. I have another extender that has no problem linking, in any socket, upstairs or downstairs. I’ve followed all the instructions in the pack and online with no joy. BT’s helpline appears to be staffed by window licking amoeba who would have trouble finding their arse with both hands and a map.
    So, is the extender faulty or, indeed, am I??

deadkenny
    Free Member

Haven’t used powerine stuff, but have heard that you need to be sure the sockets are on the same circuit. Normally you can assume they are in a house for power sockets, but they might be split for some reason.

weeksy

What happens when you put that extender in the socket where the other one works ?

toxicsoks
    Free Member

weeksy – Member

What happens when you put that extender in the socket where the other one works ?

It doesn’t. Get a power light but no data light. Done the factory reset thing and tried linking again but it’s not having any of it – as with its predecessor.
    I have another extender that has no problem linking, in any socket, upstairs or downstairs.
    Duff batch or idiot operator?

Stoner
    Free Member

I have two BT hotspot extenders on my power line with no problems.

you def followed the instructions properly?

Have you reset the encryption on the original unit? Then reset your extenders, then try the linking instructions it says in section 2 of the instructions.

toxicsoks
    Free Member

Have you reset the encryption on the original unit? Then reset your extenders, then try the linking instructions it says in section 2 of the instructions.

Aye, done that and it’s not responding.

Stoner
    Free Member

have you put both the router connection and the extender in the same double wall socket too to check there’s no interference?

allthegear
    Free Member

How many of these extenders do you have, right now? One, two?

I have that worry you only have one. Some of the new BT Routers include one built in to the router, with which yours can communicate.

Of course, you might not have a BT Router that actually does this… (and the amoeba might not have thought to check!)

ah – sorry – just read you have another.

Rachel

toxicsoks
    Free Member

Stoner – Member

have you put both the router connection and the extender in the same double wall socket too to check there’s no interference?

Yup……….and every other bloody socket in t’house! * wanders off muttering, darkly*

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘BT broadband extender angst….’ is closed to new replies.