Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 42 total)
  • BT – are spectacularly failing yet again …
  • cinnamon_girl

My blood pressure is rising due to dealing with such an incompetent company.

They seem unable to read and comprehend an e-mail, numerals have seemingly baffled them. My line is being threatened with disconnection!

I seem to remember that Twitter can be useful for getting some companies to take action. Does this work with BT?

As always, thank you so much from a stressed-out C_G. 🙂

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Tell them you’ll set your badgers on them.

cinnamon_girl

Ha ha! Please post a pic of Mollie, that’ll cheer me up. 🙂

bigyinn
    Free Member

I work in telecoms (Not BT though), can I help? (mail in profile)

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Woof.

TijuanaTaxi
    Free Member

Bit of background might be handy and yes I work for the company you are less than pleased with

bigyinn
    Free Member

You have my condolences….

MrsPoddy
    Free Member

we were a bt customer, they peed us off when we moved house, last year we moved to sky (with BT as internet & phone providers) as MrPP said he wanted to go back to sky. I reluctantly let him, a year later we are counting the days until we move away from them (forever).

TijuanaTaxi
    Free Member

You have my condolences

Thank you, not the employer they once were and know how hard they can be to deal with so might be able to help CG although won’t promise

cinnamon_girl

dd – thanks, she is so cute. 😀

bigyinn/Tijuana Taxi – thanks for your replies! I’ve fired off some e-mails so will need to wait to hear back.

I shall be moving house and gave BT notice to terminate my phone line contract. BT then contacted my bb provider to tell them that it’s being disconnected in a few days! I gave BT the date which is weeks away.

Time for some yoga, me thinks.

TijuanaTaxi
    Free Member

No problem, let me know if you need any help,sorted out someone off here last year with their broadband, but its not easy getting our friends on the sub-continent to understand (or some of them in this country for that matter)

carbon337
    Free Member

twitter @bt_care will sort things out fairly quickly for you i work for BT but I’m no use to you im afraid.

uplink
    Free Member

They’re one supplier [out of 8] to us for every system install we do

I can honestly say they are by far [we’re talking galactic distances here] the most unreliable – with issues probably 3 time out of 10

40 installs per week at the moment so lots of BT induced stress here

Pippin
    Free Member

got massively hacked off with BT when they spectacularly failed to move our service when we moved house – 3 months without a landline.
    An absolute shower of s**t. Got stuck in circular arguments which led only to raised blood pressure. My sympathies to CG.

We moved to the phone coop and so far have been massively impressed – get this – real people on the call centre, who call you back, and sort stuff out, and show discression and initiative. You even get a single, named, point of contact for problems. How life used to be… (and I’m not even that old)

BigButSlimmerBloke
    Free Member

BT moved my service promptly and successfully. I’d have been impressed if they had asked me first rather than just disconnecting me and assigning my number to the person who moved in next door.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

My line is being threatened with disconnection!

Let ’em. Tell ’em to shove it where the sun don’t shine. Other phone companies are available

we were a bt customer, they peed us off when we moved house, last year we moved to sky (with BT as internet & phone providers) as MrPP said he wanted to go back to sky. I reluctantly let him, a year later we are counting the days until we move away from them (forever).

‘Tis true sadly. Their internet is utter shit. And Sky+ isn’t a patch on V+. We sall go back to Virgin and stay there.

singletrackhor
    Free Member

bt were big thieves when i was a customer.

try this email, the ceo has a pr team that will help out.
    ian.livingston@bt.com

taken from:
    http://www.ceoemail.com/sm.php?em=ian.livingston@bt.com

hth

beamers

I am moving house later this month and I look forward to the monumental c**k up that will be the transfer of my BT account from one house to another.

My expectations are phenomenally low so if they do manage to get it right and have the engineer at my house on the afternoon that I move in and they line up and running 24hrs later it will be a pleasant surprise.

No virgin cable where we are headed. If there was I would go to them in a heartbeat.

This will be my third move in 3 years. Move one saw me coming back from Canada. Spoke to BT in good time so that my line was active and my home hub would be delivered the day after we moved in. How hard could it be? For BT impossible. No hub arrived on the pre-arranged day. On closer inspection they had no record of my order and there would be a minimum of 3 weeks delay (the delay that I tried to avoid by speaking to them prior to my move) whilst my order was processed. Grrrrr.

Lord knows what they did on move 2 but we ended up with 2 accounts and 2 e-mail addresses.

Hey ho.

randomjeremy
    Free Member

wtf nice spam heresjonny, way to alienate potential customers 🙄

mtb_rossi
    Free Member

Never had any real problems with BT. I’ve been with them (for broadband) for about 4 years and it’s all been fine.

The only problem I had when I was moving house was the fact that the previous tennant hadn’t cut off his service with another provider. BT were able to get rid of it for me although it caused a delay of two weeks. Other than that, trouble free.

Just make sure you don’t ask for anything too bespoke as it can cock things up. Simply say, move my service from this address, to this address and they can handle that.

coffeeking
    Free Member

Just make sure you don’t ask for anything too bespoke as it can cock things up. Simply say, move my service from this address, to this address and they can handle that.

Agreed, never a problem here. Our move was as simple as could be, though we were out of service for about a day IIRC.

Easy to get worked up over the little stuff it seems.

rusty90
    Free Member

Just had 3 days without broadband connectivity. All 6 houses in our hamlet lost it at the same time yet BT insisted to every one of them that their equipment was at fault. Connectivity restored to all 6 at exactly the same time yet BT still insist there was no fault at their end.
    3 days spent being patronised by the Indian call-center, being asked the same irrelevant questions again and again, with none of them having any knowledge of any of the previous calls.
    Tried to escalate to a supervisor but told that the supervisor was busy.
    Eventually got a call from BT – the phone rang once, just one solitary ring. Not humanly possible to answer the phone that quick. It was BT leaving a message saying “We tried to contact you but got no answer”.

One neighbour, a lady of 70, was badgered into buying a new router she didn’t need and couldn’t afford, two others told they couldn’t be helped unless they signed up for a broadband support package, minimum cost £10 a month for 3 months.
    Crooks and liars all.

Except the engineers, who when they eventually turn up are excellent, and just as pissed off with BT as the customers.

mtb_rossi
    Free Member

I find that if I have a technical issue you have do their official ‘dance’, which means you must talk to someone who is nearly inchoherent in delhi, who asks you do a scripted routine such as, check the broadband light, switch off your router, switch it back on, restart your PC etc etc until they come to realise that none of this has had an effect (which can take several phone calls) and you are eventually passed on to someone who isn’t a robot and knows what they are talking about. It’s frustrating but thankfully it happens rarely. Also if there is one benefit with being with BT is that they own the infrastructure, which unlike LLU packages they can get access to the problem area quicker. In my experience anyway.

13thfloormonk

After enduring most of the ball-aches above, we gave up. Then discovered later that they had secretly connected us, not told us, and were expecting us to pay the bills they had sent us (which were just the service charge as we hadn’t touched the phone we didn’t know had been connected).

When we refused and started mtb_rossi’s ‘dance’, they set the bailliffs on us. 👿 . ****s

mintimperial

Simply say, move my service from this address, to this address and they can handle that.

No they can’t. That’s what we asked for, and they still ballsed it up. Same exchange and everything. It took over a month to get our old phone number back. After spending hours talking to gibbering imbeciles in call-centres, we emailed the CEO, and as if by magic the “high-level customer service team” got in touch and fixed everything in minutes. Why they can’t escalate you to these people from the normal call-centres I do not know, but apparently they can’t/won’t, and you have to get in touch with them yourself.

mtb_rossi
    Free Member

Well no problems here. I wonder what I’m doing differently? Hmm.

monksie
    Free Member

Can I just say thank you to everybody who has contributed to this thread.
    We don’t have and never had had anything from BT and as I’m not allowed anywhere near any kind of financial dealings either in physical cash or contracts beyond the couple of hundred quid I get each month, I feel very happy.
    It doesn’t help CG or anybody else though, sorry.
    I’m not even sure why I wrote all that.

cinnamon_girl

Thanks for those replies and indeed some have some particularly useful info.

My inbox has been overheating, as have my phones, and now have it all confirmed in writing by BT what and when they will do as I have requested.

Thing is, does anyone have a good word to say about them? I’ve asked for my comments to get passed to the relevant department – this was in answer to their question about why I was leaving them. I advised that I do not wish to deal with a company with an overseas call centre whose staff are unable to comprehend the English language.

My previous experience when moving house was to be without a landline for 6 weeks even though I had requested it some time before I moved. I resorted to the process of taking them to the Small Claims Court.

I will never use them again, their arrogance towards customers is breath-taking.

And breathe …

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Don’t get me started on BT…

(Needs some Valium and a lie-down at the mere thought of BT…)

cinnamon_girl

My dealings with 02 have been a delight … especially the man with a rather sexy Scots lilt. 😀

I could have listened to him all day. 😳

BigButSlimmerBloke
    Free Member

oh, rrrreallly, and there’s me jusht got mah kilt back fae the cleaners

cinnamon_girl

Och aye the noo 😀

TijuanaTaxi
    Free Member

There are still some of us left at BT that actually care about the customers when we can get past all the management crap and bullshit speak

All our internal dealings are handled in India too and dread reporting a computer fault or even worse try to get any information on important stuff like pay or pensions

Hope all goes well from here on in and if doesn’t drop me an email and will see what i can do

bigyinn
    Free Member

I deal with them regularly as part of my job, for most of the normal everyday stuff they’re fine, mainly because the jobs are actioned automatically. BUT when something out the ordinary comes along or there’s a problem, its a nightmare. Their reliance on systems doing the work is their undoing, as there’s no way round it, so you end up going round in circles.
    This is where they should have a “weird and odd shit” department staffed by humans.

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

They are trying very hard to make me switch from Orange BB/Phone. I wont.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

BT are the worst company I have ever had the displeasure to deal with. Absolutely rubbish. Utterly indefensible. Manage to stuff things up several times in succession. Incompetence sinks to new depths with BT. They redefine ‘poor customer service’. There should be a ‘BT Scale’ to describe how crap some thing or service is.

I blame Thatcher…

bi6al
    Free Member

terrible service from bt my internet keeps dropping out all the time they have sent out an engineer who never looked at how many telephone lines were going into my house (2) and tried to repair the wrong one only to return the next day to tell us he could not get a dialling tone, all became clear when i showed him the 2 lines as he was trying to repair one that was disconnected. after a recent phone call they told us they would send us a new router f.o.c never arrived but a welcome to bt broadband cd rom arrived ? after another call to question this they tell us no router ordered just welcome pack for old customer, then recieve a letter telling me that if i dont return welcome pack i will be charged for it, called again get through to uk they cannot deal with it they transfer me to dehli ,waste of time cannot understand scottish accent, i expect my call to cancel will be handled by dehli so we cant understand each other.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Well, in all fairness, their command of English might possibly be a teeny bit better than yours… 😉

slartybartfast
    Free Member

I left BT when i had phone calls appear on my bill when I did’nt have a phone and was’nt even in this country, which even after investigating it 3 times they could not explain. Robbin B******S

13thfloormonk

Perhaps the worst thing is, BT must KNOW how many dis-satisfied customers there are, there must be millions of these threads on the web, I’m sure I’ve seen it in newspapers etc. and yet they continue in this vein. Did I not see that they had even won or had come close to winning some sort of customer service award?

It must simply be more profitable to continue dealing out the worst service imaginable than it is to change your ways and deliver acceptable service *suddenly has drunken revelation about the power of monopolies…*

At least First Scotrail had the decency to abandon the foreign call centres after a while (I’d stopped calling the sales line and just went straight to the complaints department when I wanted to buy a ticket). Funny thing is, they now totally deny ever having used them, pretending it was always some guy in Ft William who dealt with ticket sales 😀

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 42 total)

The topic ‘BT – are spectacularly failing yet again …’ is closed to new replies.