Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • BT – a rant by the BBC Breakfast crew..
  • mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Anyone see them lay into the BT guy this morning!

Go tiger!

tron
    Free Member

Nope. Can't stand the entire sofa rubbish. I want a proper journo laying into politicians at 7am, not Strictly Pop Factor on Ice chit chat.

ctznsmith
    Free Member

No, what was the reason for the rant?

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Because they have changed the times for the free evening call package from 6pm-6am to 7pm-7am.

The poor guy was squirming and didn't know what way to look.

It was Newsnight Lite.

KINGTUT
    Free Member

Because they have changed the times for the free evening call package from 6pm-6am to 7pm-7am.

Really? Wow, I demand something be done etc..

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

It wasn't so much the *reason* for the rant – it was just amusing how they laid into him.

pennine
    Free Member

I heard about it last week. BT obviously spotted a trend whereby landline usuage increased just after 6pm when people arrived home from work. The 'news' was buried somewhere in the last mailshot from BT.

I suppose we'll now wait until 7pm 🙄

BTW it's not 'free' just reduced to a penny a minute (or something like that)

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

In fairness, I think BT have shot themselves in the foot by trying to bury the change in the hope no-one would notice – that way the media can't wait to lay into them.

Apparently they did it because it would be easier for us to remember because other providers have their free calls during those hours. Yeah right. Ohh, and we can actually SAVE money and take out their 24/7 free calls package. Which costs £4.99 a month 😕

10pmix
    Free Member

It was a real pasting. I think they sensed he was quite nervous and inexperienced in front of a camera. I may have even felt sorry for him if BT weren't so sh*t.

Whathaveisaidnow
    Free Member

is this him . . . ?

chakaping
    Free Member

Hmm, can't decide if I dislike BT or the harpy on BBC Breakfast more.

Probably the harpy actually. She's vile.

Sponging-Machine
    Free Member

What's the point of having a landline? Mobiles work everywhere and cost less. Most people with a landline also have a mobile anyway.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘BT – a rant by the BBC Breakfast crew..’ is closed to new replies.