Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • B*stard….just had my hours cut :(
  • slowclimb
    Free Member

As the title says down from 5 days to 3 🙁
    Dont suppose anybody is needing a website built are they?

maxray
    Free Member

3 day week in web design? eek. What sort of skill sets do you have?

slowclimb
    Free Member

All the usual really, not good with database driven sites. I am old fashioned in that I want them to look good 🙂

maxray
    Free Member

😀 No reason a dynamic site can't look good mind. Out of interest what sort of size company/ where are you? We are fairly small (<10 permanent staff) and use freelancers on a project by project basis, we havent been busier I dont think.

slowclimb
    Free Member

Peebles, I run a few sites for the boss. We do mainly large scale industrial data capture installations (no it actually is duller than it sounds 🙂 )
    Yeah dynamic sites can look great… just my pathetic way of saying I cant build them 🙂

jimmy

3 day week in Peebles? I could think of worse situations (financial side of it notwithstanding)

slowclimb
    Free Member

Yeah suppose so but wife, 2 kids, big f*ck off mortgage and nice car kind of scupper that 🙁

Junkyard
    Free Member

please can I have some money back Gordon

Any use?
    Put in your new [lower] wages for last year as well to see what you would get yearly on current salary if that makes sense

Kahurangi

Looks like you could use some of the time to learn how to build a good looking database driven site? Not trolling, honestly look at using the time to increase your skills and make yourself more employable

Sandwich

You could have a word with your local Next Steps office to find out what sort of training is about. Nice car not strictly necessary for life any modern wheels will do.
    Income protection insurance has been a godsend for me, still unemployed due to reasons that can't be discussed in public. I'm attempting to start again at 46!

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

I've just had my hours increaced (overtime is voulntry, but as we're the only project in the building with enough work on it'd be a short hop to another project, then ohhh look, there's no more work for you……..)

grumm
    Free Member

Get rid of the nice car.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘B*stard….just had my hours cut :(’ is closed to new replies.