Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • BSkyB Leveson and Jeremy Hunt
  • mrmo
    Free Member

guardian article

So now it is starting to look like Osbourne might have been working for Murdoch as well, maybe the Tories fighting to keep Hunt in his job makes a bit more sense. Deflect attention from those higher up the tree who were also happy for Murdoch to take control of BSkyB?

What a lovely democracy we have.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Yup

Coulson as well don’t forget ( purjury at the Sheridan trial) -he was Murdochs man in no 10. I am sure this is a play for time3 dn to diverta attention from CAameron.

When Coulson and Brookes go to jail or look like they will then the truth might come out

binners

Cameron must be bricking it about what the hell else is going to come out. It stinks to high heaven already, but I suspect there’s plenty of Unexploded ordinance out there yet.

And what will it say about his judgement if he appointed a press adviser who goes down for perjury. Having asked few, if any, questions about all the dodgy illegal activity he’d obviously been up to his neck in for years? Turning a convenient blind eye? Just for the sake of keeping Murdoch on side?

Doesn’t make him look too clever, does it?

And ex-Murdoch employee Pobs crawling sycophancy yesterday was just embarrassing! Looks like Rupe had the entire Tory front bench in his pocket

littlemisspanda
    Free Member

Now I aint gonna defend the Tories, but I reckon he had the previous government in his pocket and all….

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

For sure if this had come out while Blair especially was still around it would have looked bad for him – but it is a difference of degree. One of Murdochs men actually in no 10?

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

It’s frankly staggering that Hunt and Osbourne are still in gainful employment today. That they’re prepared to stay in their jobs to be nothing more than cannon fodder for Dave tells one everything one needs to know about these type of politicians.

kimbers

its fine, cameron agrees hes done nothing wrong……

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-18286371

binners

I reckon they’re all offering unequivocal support to each other because they know that if someone, anyone, breaks ranks and decided to start spilling the beans about what’s really gone on at those cosyChipping Norton dinner parties and private Whitehall lunches, then the whole lot of them are electoral toast. Everyone with half a brain knows what’s being going on, but there’s no smoking gun….. Yet!!!!

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

I reckon he had the previous government in his pocket and all….

Tony Blair was most definitely in the pocket of Rupert Murdoch, but there has yet to be any allegation that any Labour minister acted illegally.

Jeremy Hunt faces calls to resign over ‘ illegal’ News Corp advice

Jeremy Hunt, the Culture Secretary, was on Tuesday night facing demands for his resignation after emails released by the Murdoch family disclosed that his office offered “absolutely illegal” advice to News Corporation executives.

Being simply in the pocket of a media magnate, however unpalatable, is nowhere the same magnitude as working on their behalf illegally. So even though these might only be allegations at this stage, they are not really comparable with anything leveled at the last government.

Junkyard
    Free Member

two issues here
    1.They do seem up to their ears in Murdoch corruption/collusion
    2. WTF is going on with Cameron and his judgement, first Coulson [ now charged with perjury] and then appointing hunt after that pro sky memo and now backing Hunt who has clearly broken the ministerial code even if he did nothing illegal

TBH I am not sure how much is corruption, how much is arrogance and how much is just terrible judgement

Coyote
    Free Member

To be honest Junky I’d like to think a combination of corruption and bad judgement but my head tells me it’s pure arrogance.

mrmo
    Free Member

i would go with arrogance, a belief that what they are doing is right. With total disregard to whether others might be less convinced. To me it is a failing of british democracy that their is no way to recall government if there actions fail to meet what they set out in their manifesto. You vote once every five years and that is about the limit of the average persons political involvement.

Klunk
    Free Member

I was totally honest and above board claims of Mr Hunt, reminded me of

“If it falls to me to start a fight to cut out the cancer of bent and twisted journalism in our country with the simple sword of truth and the trusty shield of British fair play, so be it. I am ready for the fight. The fight against falsehood and those who peddle it. My fight begins today. Thank you and good afternoon.”

they all lie so much I don’t think they know what the truth actually is.

kimbers

its so obvious that osborne, hunt, murdoch, coulson, cameron, brooks etc were all jumping with joy when cable got boted off the job and slipped in their man to ease it all through

if the hacking thing hadnt reached milly dowler, it wouldve sailed through too and wed never have known that this was such a stitch up

whats laughable is the way cameron has now turned a blind eye to the ministerial code he was crowing so much about at the start of his term

Junkyard
    Free Member

I do rather fear it is something at the heart of democracy/power as no government seems to go very long without this type of “incident”.

They do seem to have excelled though with verity, cable and now this

Still at least we are all ignoring the lies from baroness Warsai and her rent dodge/scandal issue.
    Politicians , of all hues, dont seem to be able to stop themselves

Perhaps it is arrogance and this lot just had a hell of a lot to start with.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘BSkyB Leveson and Jeremy Hunt’ is closed to new replies.