• This topic has 18 replies, 15 voices, and was last updated 13 years ago by hora.
Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • BS of the week
  • cynic-al
    Free Member

What's your favourite piece of BS this week?

Mine is yesterday about FS bikes – someone said that 4-bars broke chains (or something similar) more than single pivots. I forgot to flame him.

Oh and "everything by TJ" is not acceptable!

RealMan
    Free Member

Electric assist pedals?

Anyone on STW talking about their abs?

LHS
    Free Member

Oh and "everything by TJ" is not acceptable

Damn. 😉

Jamie
    Free Member

Oh and "everything by TJ" is not acceptable!

What about Hora?

jam-bo

most stuff by TJ?

nickegg
    Free Member

Cynic: That was someone claiming 4-bar bikes drop chains more than single pivots on long/rough descents (The Alps for example)!!!!! If that were true i'm screwed cos my 5 had a dropped chain after every descent last year and i'm now on a Zesty (essentially a 4-bar i think)

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

I have enjoyed UK is a high tax economy" despite loads of evidence that it sits below average in the EU. a particularly fine piece.

I also enjoyed molgrips on recoverey drinks ( sorry molgrips) "Torq is better than Coke but coke is better than SIS" – but sugar and water won't do.

thv3
    Free Member

Aluminium only suitable for XC was quite good, that particular troll was well fed.

cynic-al
    Free Member

trolling does not count!

Yeal I liked molgrips scientific input!

leggyblonde
    Free Member

stems that point down make your bars move differently to bars in the same position but with a pointy uppy stem

hainey
    Free Member

I particularly enjoyed the completely absurd post about how experienced motorbikers can ride faster and still be safer! Darwinism at its best there.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

leggyblonde – Member

stems that point down make your bars move differently to bars in the same position but with a pointy uppy stem

I forgot that one. The best so far.

Onzadog
    Free Member

Is TJ allowed to say "anything by TJ"? 😆

iDave
    Free Member

anything said by anyone about the world cup/england, apart from robbie savage

all media output actually makes me want to live somewhere where i don't speak the language so i can avoid accumulated media shite

Even appeared on the Eden channel – something about africa – leopard in tree in the rain – 'clearly he's dreaming of his next hunt'. phuck off

bassspine
    Free Member

half links are a bit weaker/more prone to stretching

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Ok – its not this week nor on STW but its some of the finest BS I have ever heard – it came to mind because of the diet thread

Gilliam McKeith has informed us that a seed contains ‘all of the energy necessary to make a fully grown plant’, that ‘chlorophyll is high in oxygen’ which means eating green leaves will ‘really oxygenate the blood’, and that ‘the colours of foods represent vibrational energies… foods which are orange in colour have similar vibrational energies and even similar nutrient make-up’. ”

Plenty more

http://www.badscience.net/category/gillian-mckeith

bassspine
    Free Member

TJ, that is a class website. Didn't he do well in the libel case

Edric64
    Free Member

Aluminium only suitable for XC was quite good, that particular troll was well fed.

It's not that good ,weigh it in for scrap

hora
    Free Member

Jamie are you still upset about my comment that Mandela got his food and board paid for? 😉

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘BS of the week’ is closed to new replies.