Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Bryton Rider 50 – Sh1te?
  • dbukdbuk
    Free Member

Got a Bryton Rider 50 GPS thing I’ve used a bit but really not very impressed. It’s just about ok for on road but off road I’m finding it pretty much a waste of time.

To resolve this I’ve been trying to change the onboard map to the OS 1:50K maps but I don’t seem to be able to find any option to download these on the Bryton website.

Is anyone using one of these and getting on with it? Is it just me? Anyone know where/how I can upload better maps to it?

Cheers

ricky1
    Free Member

There should be a shop on the bryton website,I’m personally not very happy with my rider 20,I can’t download onto either my PC or laptop,sent it back but they said it was fine which it isn’t,I’m for a garmin next or something that doesn’t involve dealing with 3 or 4 different people when something goes wrong.

grim168
    Free Member

I had a 50. Couldn’t get the maps on. Support was really helpfull but no joy. I took it back and bought a garmin.

the_lecht_rocks

for balance : we have 3x rider 40’s. absolutely brilliant units.

hounslow
    Free Member

I have a 50 with maps on an SD. I don’t use it and will post the SD out if you want. PM me.

lightman
    Free Member

Yeah, I have a 50 with the basic maps and they are rubbish on road (just like the basic Garmin maps), never mind off road!
    I think they’re like Garmin, you have to pay vast amount to get a decent maps to actually see where you’re going.
    I finally got around to uploading a route I made from the Bryton web site and that actually makes it a bit more usable, for me anyway.

hounslow, I’d love to have that sd card or a copy of it, if the op doesn’t want it?

dbukdbuk
    Free Member

Hi Hounslow

That’s a great offer thanks. Can’t see how to PM you though. No option on the profile page.

Does the map SD need an activation code or anything? If not, I’d be happy to copy it and return.

Cheers

DB

metal_leg
    Free Member

Last time I looked you couldn’t actually buy the OS maps unless you bought them with the OS unit.

DickBarton

Would you be thinking of selling it? I’ve got a Rider 35, nice bit of kit but I think the 50 may have a few more toys that I’d be interested in…so if you were thinking of getting rid, I may be interested.

fd3chris
    Free Member

I’ve got a new 50 and cant really think what else you need on a gps computer to be honest. I think its great!

DickBarton

No doubt a daft question but has anyone decided to sell their Bryton Rider 50? I’d be interested if so…

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Bryton Rider 50 – Sh1te?’ is closed to new replies.