Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Bryton Rider 20
  • ruggerbugger
    Free Member

Have been offered a mates Bryton(he’s gone to garmin) , is it any good. What’s your experiences with the hardware, software, website support, etc.

Thanks.

gringojimi
    Free Member

Hardware is good.
    The website and software are terrible, support non existent.

I’ve had an issue where the time is out by an hour due to daylight saving. The fix is to manually alter the time string in the gpx file which is very tedious. Support insist that it’s my computer. All 3 of them!

There’s some hoo haa about Strava too. Bryton claim Strava have blocked their devices from their website whereas Steava claim they need to update the API used for data upload. About a year later and it’s still not resolved.

Funnily enough, I’ve gone to Garmin too 😉

wobbliscott
    Free Member

Hardware is fine but software is not great, but you can export GPX files into Garmin or whatever else so that’s not an issue.

Seamus
    Free Member

Got one for my lad. The hardware is good as said above. The Brytonsport website is okay, not brilliant, but neither is Garmin connect that I use with my Garmin 500. He can upload to Strava from the Brytonsport software without any issues so mainly uses that. (there is an export to Strava tab)

Dales_rider
    Free Member

Terrible mistake buying one my missus went for the 35 and its forever malfunctioning. She has now gone to Garmin.

hamishthecat
    Free Member

I got a BR20 with the HRM from Merlin – as said above, hardware seems fine and the wesbite is a bit rubbish – although it does work. The GMT adjustment is set out in the instructions, you don’t have to adjust the GPX files on mine.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Bryton Rider 20’ is closed to new replies.