• This topic has 14 replies, 14 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by jabbi.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Bryceland
  • bubs

Has Josh gone full Enduro now then or is he still just dabbling? Great result at round 1 of EWS either way.

MSP

Hang on a minute, wasn’t his stated reason for dropping out of DH his carbon footprint? Now he’s flying to NZ to dabble in enduro.

bubs

No, that was only ever Claudio’s comment I think.

Si
    Free Member

Rain affected play.

twistedpencil

Nope bus car on footprint wasn’t the reason for stepping back, I think he was getting a bit jaded with the WC series since he’s been on it for years and just wants to try out new things.

Big-Bud
    Free Member

Josh did say he was quitting due to his carbon footprint to claudio.but he was taking the mick,claudio was mugged off.
    Some would argue the constant emails on a monday saying pull your finger out and the strickter drugs test all played apart.he just got bored of the scene the way it is heading is a more pro outlook on it which fedbull want.josh doesnt fit the pro way.he,s rad but bad.puff puff

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Taking a year off post horrific injuries and recovery, I’d say the result there proves he can do it still. Good on him, hopefully get to say hello and wish him all the best next week over a beer.

hughjayteens
    Free Member

Amazing result against some proper athletes. I guess when the conditions were as bad as they were then bike skills play a bigger role than lung capacity and sheer power and he’s clearly got some serious skillz…

frogstomp

Enduro and 29er (like the rest of the SC team)… great result in some challenging conditions!

muggomagic

Great result for Josh Bryceland and it looks like he had a blast, so hopefully see him at a few more rounds this year.
    It would be very interesting to see how Bryceland gets on when the weather doesn’t play such a big part. Sounds like top ranked men had the worst of the conditions due to the weather and going last on tracks that’d been cut up by the hundreds of riders that went out before them. If you look at the results of the latter stages where the weather wasn’t such an issue, it’s a more familiar podium line up.

Stage 6 results
    1st Richie Rude
    2nd Sam Hill
    3rd Jared Graves

Stage 7 results
    1st Sam Hill
    2nd Jared Graves
    3rd Richie Rude

alpin
    Free Member

Good result for him.

Also good to see young Winton get a stage win rather than that Cecile woman (have to fast forward her interviews…)

I find it a shame that there is no real competition amongst the ladies. Ravanel is a bit like the Rachel of Enduro.

One minute covers 1st-12th place amongst the men.

Almost 2.5 minutes separates 1St and 2nd for the ladies. Although the spacing between 2nd and the rest of the field isn’t so extreme….

Kahurangi

Watch the audio slideshow on Vital MTB. Sven has a good chat with him. He expands on getting fed up of travelling to the same places and riding the same tracks for the last 9 years. Now he’s not doing the WC thing he can ride every. other. track. in the world!

fr0sty125
    Free Member

It was awesome to see the 50:01 guys have so much fun they were definitely riding in the ‘spirit of enduro’ aka pissing about with your mates. I would say after watching what those 50:01 lot I’ve got a lot of respect for Santacruz build quality.

Ravenel is doing brilliantly but I think she can be challenged by a few of the younger female riders including Isabeau, Winton and Bex Beraona who is still a privateer.

On the right tracks I think Casey Brown would take it to her as well.

Wouldn’t mind seeing Rach do an EWS round, I think it would be interesting.

chestercopperpot
    Free Member

He gets paid to **** about with his mates on bikes, living the dream I’d say.

Suppose some will lament what could have been.

Would be interesting to see them drop in and race off-beat local events around the globe/Euro. In countries that don’t get much coverage, Latvian DH series that kind of thing, give some of the lesser known series some coverage/promotion beyond their own borders/local scene.

jabbi
    Free Member

I think people seem to forget he’s already achieved a series win and if it weren’t for the footf**ker jump he’d have won the worlds that year too. People get bored/want to try new things. Good on him for still being able to live off Mtb without the World Cup. He is young so can come back to it if he fancies it!
    I also think the lack of Peaty may have influenced his decision.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Bryceland’ is closed to new replies.