Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Brushcutters Honda 4 stroke V Stihl 2 stroke
  • matthewmountain
    Free Member

Has anyone used the Honda 4 stroke brush cutters. They seem well made, and I was all set to get one priced between £350-400, but they seemed heavier than a Stihl. The Stihl FS90 is more expensive for the same power, you have the faff of 2 stroke fuel, but it seems lighter.

All the council verge cutters seem to have Stihl. I asked why and they said it was due to the low vibration, which is why i liked the idea of the 4 stroke Honda. Having said this, the Stihls used by the council are top of the range £800-1000!!!

Any thoughts?

JoeG
    Free Member

I have an FS 90 that’s about 10 years old, but looks the same as the current ones. I believe that while it uses an oil/gas mix, that it is actually a 4 stroke engine. I think that this is/was done for environmental/emissions reasons. Mine has been excellent, both with line and blades.

And I strongly recommend a face shield!

Never used a Honda trimmer. My Honda lawnmower is excellent, though.

glasgowdan
    Free Member

FS90 has high vibrations. If it’s a small strimmer of this class you’re after then go for the honda. If you want 2 stroke, look at echo, tanaka, kawasaki. I use these machines every day and wouldn’t buy a lower end stihl.

joeegg
    Free Member

I’ve been using a Kawasaki brushcutter for over 5 years without any issues.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Brushcutters Honda 4 stroke V Stihl 2 stroke’ is closed to new replies.