Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Bruntwood BMX – Stockport for young uns and older 'young uns
  • hora
    Free Member

Can’t find a recent topic devoted to Bruntwood so I thought I’d start one.

If you’ve got a boy or a girl who liked stryder/balance bike at the velodrome etc- get them along to Bruntwood BMX on a Wednesday night- our lad loves it. I have to call time and drag him away. Its well run, staffed by volunteers and a great atmosphere.

hora junior has just turned 5 and I think he’ll be firmly bitten by the BMX bug thanks to these people.

Harry_the_Spider

Bruntwood is ace!

Not done a club night, but my lad (7) has had a go on a Sunday morning and thought it was brilliant, if a little scary!

portlyone

Seen it from the air as I come in to land at Man Airport, thought about heading that way on the MTB at some point

julians
    Free Member

Ive taken the boy there on his balance bike, not on an organised event, but just turned up one weekend morning, he loved it.

He can now ride a ‘proper’ bike (islabike cnoc 14) so we’ll be back.

hora
    Free Member

He doesn’t have to ride it all- my son misses out the big bit at the end of the start straight. I’ll build his confidence to ride that the next time we are there.

pilgrimbob
    Free Member

Can’t agree enough. BMX clubs are great for the little ones. My lad was racing at 4 and has loads of new friends who are all mad keen on bikes. At 6 he’s beginning to jump and is desperate to learn to manual.

The only problem is when you’re being overtaken by an 8 yr old – and he’s manualing!

Check out our little video for an idea of what you’re missing.

Exeter Eagles

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Bruntwood BMX – Stockport for young uns and older 'young uns’ is closed to new replies.