Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Bruised coccyx. Ow ow ow.
  • Pook

Fell off on a dual slalom last weekend and bounced along down the track before crumpling in a heap. I’d managed to land bang on my coccyx and could hardly stand up. Cue much shuffling on the flights I’ve taken this week.

Fast forward to last night and the exact moment I sat down with my one year old in our hammock. The three year old moved the hammock.

All I could do was hold the 1 year old aloft and take the beating to the coccyx again. I couldn’t even move for the waves of pain. Of course the kids thought it hilarious and both leapt on me.

The pain kept coming for an hour, and only cocodamol dampened it a bit.

Any tips?

ourmaninthenorth

Stand up.

And hope you haven’t done any more damage – long term coccyx pain is rather tedious.

Cougar

Sounds like a right pain in the arse, that.

darrell
    Free Member

dont break it

fd3chris
    Free Member

I know your pain. I smashed mine to bits 30 years ago falling from a roof and it’s never gone away.

ifra
    Free Member

Id hope for no lasting damage, Ive had long term coccyx issues for about 3 years now, it took 3 steroid injections ( which are a delight 😯 ) to get mine back to sort of manageable on a day to day basis. No tips other than rest it and don’t hit it again

P-Jay
    Free Member

I know that pain, once from going down the stairs at my local cattle market ‘club’ – leather soles and hard, wet floors, took 13 steps, all on my arse.

Second time was at Cli-machX, just to jump a woop, but it turned at the base, hit my bars, over them and directly down on my cornhole.

My only advice, avoid like the **** plague heat, no hot baths to ‘ease’ it, not hot showers etc, no tiger balm, not even once, it just makes it much, much worse. Try to keep mobile and take non-inflammatory (whichever suits you, Noprexen works for me, but you’ll need a script from the Doc for that) try to keep mobile and don’t do anything to damage it further!

zinaru
    Free Member

high jump at high school, crash mats slipped apart – smash! ouch!!!!!!!!!!

i remember taking in very easy for several weeks after and decades later, I’m still very guarded/protective about bashing it again. i don’t think there is much practically you can do other than painkillers (which i aways try to not take) and rest…

Northwind

I broke mine a few years back, bloody awful… after a few years it suddenly flared up and became a total bastard again, then faded away. It’s weirdly invasive in its awful-but-not-debilitating way, bit like toothache, I found it pretty much exactly as much as I could deal with, without having to rearrange my life like you do with a big injury.

FuzzyWuzzy

Broke mine a few years back (got bounced up high off the bike and landed with my coccyx right on the end of the saddle, both ended up broken). I ended up buying one of these for my chair at work http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/8650610.htm which helped a bit (although everyone assumed I had a bad case of piles and took the piss…)

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Bruised coccyx. Ow ow ow.’ is closed to new replies.