Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Brugge?? Where to eat and what to see??
  • sheldona
    Free Member

I'll have the evenings free, so where should I go and what should I see??

ta

mboy
    Free Member

Go rent In Bruges and watch for a few ideas of what to get up to whilst you're there… It'll certainly make you laugh if you've not seen it before! 😉

GrahamS

Beware the midgets.

sheldona
    Free Member

Seen it but had forgotten about the midgets, doh…..

clubber
    Free Member

Ah the memories…

…or lack thereof and therefore I can't make any helpful suggestions other than our hostel's bar was very well stocked with Kwak 🙂

wonnyj
    Free Member

"two manky prostitutes and a racist dwarf"

atlaz
    Free Member

Go hunt a good bar down, drink a bit, talk to locals and get them to tell you what to do/where to go. Usually works.

SprocketJockey
    Free Member

We spent many weekends there when we lived in Holland – great place, especially outside main tourist season.

Avoid the obvious tourist traps around the main square for food (OK for beer though!) and just have a wander – it's a beautiful city at night and some of the best places are just neighbourhood bars in the back streets. If it's busy it's probably good.

Couple of recommendations, although it's been a good few years since I was last there:

This place on Wiijngaardplein (near the Begijnhof) is a fantastic old building and certainly used to do great steaks and seafood:

http://www.maximiliaanvanoostenrijk.be

Cambrinus has a fantastic beer selection:

http://www.cambrinus.eu

The bar at the Straffe Hendrik Brewery is worth a visit too:

http://www.halvemaan.be

Other than that, if you're there early enough and it's open, would recommend a visit to the Basilica of the Holy Blood on Brug square for a genuinely spooky experience! Evening boat trips are also good fun, but doubt they're running this time of year.

Have fun!

Blower
    Free Member

up the church tower is good too,

sofaking
    Free Member

you wont fit up there your a bunch of f**king elephants or should that just be your wok is too large for the stirs sir.
    hows pozo doing mate?

ourmaninthenorth

I'm looking forward to it next Easter.

Well, I'll be looking forward to it more once I've ridden the full edition of the RvV sportive…. 😯

sheldona
    Free Member

Thanks for the tips, I'll have a winder about!

Pozo getting better thanks sk, been to vet today she thinks he'll make a good recovery, fingers crossed, not ready to loose him just yet.

JulianA
    Free Member

Oude Brugse, den Hobbit (restaurants), 't Brugse Beertje (pub).

Brilliaaaaant!

Skippy

Chocolatiers, also they may have the ice sculpture exhibition on and maybe the christmas market.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Brugge?? Where to eat and what to see??’ is closed to new replies.