Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Browsing the Interweb on the Wii
  • sharkbait
    Free Member

Just remembered that I've got an ethernet cable near the back of the telly so I've ordered a cheap wired Lan adapter for the Wii.

The idea is that my girls can [hopefully] play on some of the many internet games they use – and maybe a bit of youtube/iPlayer use as well.

So how well does the browser perform on the Wii?

bri-72

Not used wii online for a while but from memory it uses it's own browser, so doesn't look very PC like. Not sure if that might limit what it can run such as games.

Oggles
    Free Member

Not used mine in a while, but seem to recall that it doesn't do Flash – which would rule out most browser based games.

Youtube and iPlayer are good though 🙂 and it's decent enough for lying on the sofa and browsing.

Bimbler
    Free Member

Tried the browser (wirelessly) on the Wii for about the length of time to deduce that it's pretty horrible. No point in using the iPlayer via the browser on the wii as there is a Wii channel you can download which works brilliantly, although the PQ isn't all that.

ebygomm
    Free Member

The wii uses an Opera based browser and supports flash. Think the latest update to the browser means you can't use iplayer which is why they produced the dedicated channel instead.

soma_rich
    Free Member

You can download the opera browser from the store. Easy to set up and use.

sharkbait
    Free Member

I think it could serve the purpose – daughters spend hours playing on Girls Games ( 😯 ) which is pretty much all Flash based, so might well work.
    Worth trying I suppose.

Mums telly broke a couple of months ago and we went out and bought one of the new LED jobbies….. very slick and has a built in browser – but she doesn't do the internet 🙁

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Browsing the Interweb on the Wii’ is closed to new replies.