Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Brownbacks Race, Bacup 26 September 2010, some pictures
  • project
    Free Member

The weather was windy as usual , the sun came out, and everyone was happy, bit muddy in places and a few falls.

Hope everyone had a good race, and a big thankyou to the organisers, The Mountain Rescue people,the Marshalls, also Lancashire county Council for allowing and making it all happpen and anyone else cheering on the riders, oh and not forgetting those who rode.

Heres the pictures,

http://picasaweb.google.com/BIKEYPAUL/20100926BROWNBACKSSEPTEMBER262010#

spock
    Free Member

great pictures, nice one

sc-xc

also Lancashire county Council for allowing and making it all happpen

That sounds like praise for the public sector. Has someone hacked your account? 😉

project
    Free Member

Seriously they do a fantastic job up there, no interference with the riders, plenty of good information signs, plenty of maps of the site, even more trails than earlier this year, and a lot more planned, oh how i wished i lived in Lancashire.

Brownbacks
    Free Member

also Lancashire county Council for allowing and making it all happpen

allow, yes

make happen, no.

It’s a team of volunteers who do it all themselves with the generous support of people giving up their Sunday morning to marshal/provide first aid cover etc. (The aim is to provide quality racing at low cost with great sponsorship (thanks sponsors)raising money for local good causes.)

Lancs CC support is important as an enabler but isn’t what makes the events happen. Trail investment comes from the Aggregates levy which a key person at Lancs CC has managed to unlock, some of the stuff however has been there for years.

See you next year for the 2011 races series

project
    Free Member

I meant no offense to all the volunteers, you make a great race support team,and i know you make it happen, as i was there to experience it.

See you there in 2011,

Brownbacks
    Free Member

no offense, just a factual correction

(next thing if uncorrected is that we are getting chopped in the cuts (which we are not))

it’s good honest grass roots racing, not perfect but with a sense of humour still good enough for anyone in a great (if difficult to use) venue

want to set up you own race series elsewhere? we are more than happy to help where we can. info@brownbacksracing.co.uk

lord
    Free Member

nice 1 project

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Brownbacks Race, Bacup 26 September 2010, some pictures’ is closed to new replies.