Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Broughton Hall (Skipton) hosts Cycling Festival for the Tour de France
  • technicallyinept
    Free Member

From the website

“Broughton Hall is proud to announce the launch of The Rapha Tempest Festival of Cycling from Thursday 3rd July until Monday 7th July 2014 to be held on the Broughton Hall Estate”

£85 per adult for 4 night camping

Big screens will be showing the live and highlight footage throughout the weekend

If you bring your bike you can cycle to the nearest point of stage 1 in under 10 minutes (3 miles) and stage 2 in under 30 minutes (9 miles).

More info here
    http://www.raphatempest.cc/

bspoked
    Free Member

Are there some trails in Broughton Hall? When I did tough mudder there, I swore I saw some berms in the woods.

martinhutch

Not that I know of. Some good rides out from Broughton or Skipton though.

adampridmore
    Free Member

Roger Tempest (estate owner) last year built a small MTB trail in one of the woods behind the hall.

An easy 1 mile loop with a few rollers and berms. Not sure I’d travel there to go on it. As I work in one of the offices on the estate I’ve done a few laps on it.

Adam

postierich
    Free Member

nice little cash cow was interested until I noticed it was £85 per person!!! plus £40 for my ickle van.

martinhutch

Velofest at Kilnsey is better placed to reach the climb at Buckden, and a nicer location within walking distance of the (heaving) pub. Might be even more expensive than the Rapha one though (never thought I’d use that phrase).

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Broughton Hall (Skipton) hosts Cycling Festival for the Tour de France’ is closed to new replies.