Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 48 total)
  • brother in law playing away from home….
  • gonzy
    Free Member

the wife contacted her sister in law yesterday to see how her niece and nephews were doing only to be told that her brother is having an affair…
    apparently he’s been at it for quite some time and she knows who this girl is…
    she suspected for some time and found a long string of messages between them both on his phone…she even forwarded pictures of the whatsapp messages and they are quite racy and indicate that he’s now in a physical relationship with her…
    the wife is quite distraught that her brother would even do such a thing…
    we’ll be visiting them this weekend for other reasons and i think its going to be tense…i just hope my wife doesnt say or do anything rash…
    i get on with her brother but i think he’s being an total twit for doing this to his wife and kids…and i think there’ll be an expectation for me to have a word with him…
    how do i even approach this and what do i say??

edlong
    Free Member

This is not currently your problem. I suggest you do everything in your power to keep it that way.

alfabus
    Free Member

rocketman
    Free Member

how do i even approach this and what do i say

Nothing. Don’t mention it. Have been there and got the t-shirt just act normal

D0NK

This is not currently your problem. I suggest you do everything in your power to keep it that way

+ a bazillion

I_Ache
    Free Member

I would start with “Oi Dickhead! A word…”

gonzy
    Free Member

that’s what i’ve told the wife but theyre a close family and my wife sometimes lets her feelings get the better of her in situations like this…he lives next door to my in laws so he can keep an eye out on them and i know that once this hits the fan it would devastate my mother and father in law…
    i’ve told her that its his life and his decision to play away so he’d have to deal with the consequences but even though i’d be fine at pretending not to know, wifey is a crap actor!!

patriotpro
    Free Member

Either play God or leave him.

I’d leave him.

alfabus
    Free Member

patriotpro – Member

I’d leave him.

Leave God?

midlifecrashes

Imagine how much you’d like someone else telling you what to do in your marriage and relationships. Don’t exceed that amount.

Zulu-Eleven
    Free Member

If its your wife’s brother playing away, then its none of your business, it’ll just end up being all your fault! Stay well out of it!

conversely, if it was your sisters husband that was playing away, then you would be fully justified in breaking his legs

Simples 😀

samuri
    Free Member

Do not say a word to anyone. Really. No-one will thank you for this, absolutely nobody. Just sit there looking dumb. For the most part try and pretend that it’s not happening.

I’m shocked that as a married man I have to tell you this. At the moment this is only between the sisters. If you’re asked to comment, agree with your wife. Beyond that, nothing.

legend
    Free Member

Congratulate him for being able to tolerate two women at the same time?

cranberry
    Free Member

Start the conversation with:

“I know this is none of my business, and you know that this is none of my business… so we both know that this is none of my business, but I’m expected to stick my oar in anyway…”

cr500dom
    Free Member

You dont say whether sister-in-law has broached the subject with him yet ?

I`d stay as far away from it all as possible

This is not currently your problem. I suggest you do everything in your power to keep it that way.

the last thing they need is other people getting involved and muddying the water IMHO

edd

+1

alex222
    Free Member

Congratulate him for being able to tolerate two women at the same time?

This

IHN

she even forwarded pictures of the whatsapp messages and they are quite racy and indicate that he’s now in a physical relationship with her…

thread…useless…pics…etc

Helios
    Free Member

What samuri said +lots and lots

gonzy
    Free Member

I’m shocked that as a married man I have to tell you this. At the moment this is only between the sisters. If you’re asked to comment, agree with your wife. Beyond that, nothing.

Samuri – i’d rather not get involved in this TBH but i think his wife has indicated that she wants me to have a word with him….she’s already confronted him over it and he’s denied it…he even went as far as saying the long brown hairs in the car belonged to his friends…none of his friends have long hair!! he doesnt know that she’s taken pictures of the whatsapp messages though….there’s a family wedding going on this weekend and i think she’s planning on outing him in front of the whole family…
    hell hath no fury like a woman scorned!!

gonzy
    Free Member

IHN – she sent the messages to my wife’s phone

alfabus
    Free Member

she sent the messages to my wife’s phone

She is having an affair with your wife too?

This woman gets about a bit!

nicko74

What, flinging hurricanes around, sending your son to modern-day Gaza and whatnot?

What do YOU think the outcome might be if you went for a quiet beer with him and had a word? If you believe it would magically sort everything out, give it a whirl. Otherwise, stay out of it, and perhaps feign a biking injury to avoid having to go along with the wife.

tonyd

This

And this

If its your wife’s brother playing away, then its none of your business, it’ll just end up being all your fault! Stay well out of it!

conversely, if it was your sisters husband that was playing away, then you would be fully justified in breaking his legsAnd finally if you have no choice, this

“I know this is none of my business, and you know that this is none of my business… so we both know that this is none of my business, but I’m expected to stick my oar in anyway…”

Good luck.

patriotpro
    Free Member

alfabus – Member
    patriotpro – Member
    I’d leave him.

Leave God?

😆

I_Ache
    Free Member

there’s a family wedding going on this weekend and i think she’s planning on outing him in front of the whole family…

I have changed my mind after this. Stay out of it and if he starts acting like a dick when your wife confronts him then drag him away. oh and get a horses head (should be quite easy these days) to put in his bed.

mtbfix

If he has denied it to his wife I doubt he’ll do anything different for you. If his wife brings ths up publicly at someone’s wedding then she deserves him. That would be unforgivable.

taxi25
    Free Member

Samuri – i’d rather not get involved in this TBH but i think his wife has indicated that she wants me to have a word with him….she’s already confronted him over it and he’s denied it…he even went as far as saying the long brown hairs in the car belonged to his friends…none of his friends have long hair!! he doesnt know that she’s taken pictures of the whatsapp messages though….there’s a family wedding going on this weekend and i think she’s planning on outing him in front of the whole family…

As said don’t get involved a million times. Been there with my brother three times. But if what you say about ” outing” at a family wedding is true thats teribly sad and wrong. A weddings about the bride and groom not about anyone elses troubles. If it might realy happen something to head that off might be appropriate.

martinhutch

and get a horses head (should be quite easy these days) to put in his bed.

Indeed. Just leave a Tesco Value lasagne on his pillow.

Seriously though, stay out of it +1000 – and make it clear to your missus that a family wedding is not the ideal place to ‘out’ an affair. Except on Eastenders.

growinglad
    Free Member

If it was your sister I’d say beat the carp out of him….

…In this case, it’s up to the wife to confront him. It’s her husband, she tells him to sling his hook….or puts up with it!

tonyd

And this

If his wife brings ths up publicly at someone’s wedding then she deserves him. That would be unforgivable.

If anything like that is likely you should find a way to head it off, for the sake of the bride and groom.

drlex
    Free Member

Although I think that the thread was over in the first reply, do you know if sis-in-law has taken any speeding points for him?

Zulu-Eleven
    Free Member

PS – is she fit? any chance you could go round and console the poor girl, offer her a shoulder to cry on and all that 😉

kayak23

CheesybeanZ

Indeed. Just leave a Tesco Value lasagne on his pillow.

Brilliant … 😆

cranberry
    Free Member

And finally if you have no choice, this

Can I just point out, for the sake of clarity, that my post was in no way meant to be a plan of action. It was more about getting the OP to reflect on whether or not he should in any way get involved.

What sort of person would spoil someone’s wedding to score points over a cheating partner?

john_drummer
    Free Member

Five words: “nowt to do with me”

CheesybeanZ

rock-gonzy-hard place

if he he does have a quiet word to appease his wife it’ll go wrong
    if he doesn’t and the sister in law kicks off at the wedding its going to ruin the happy couples big day and his wife will side with her sister and gonzy will still be in trouble .
    get it out the way before the wedding .

Papa_Lazarou
    Free Member

if you did say something to him, the reponse is unlikley to be:

“you’re right, I’ll stop the affair straight away and say sorry to everyone.”

Don’t go for the weekend. get your mrs to speak to the sister and say given the circ, best if you didnt visit as you can’t keep up an act.

If you do go, stay well out of it.

wrecker
    Free Member

there’ll be an expectation for me to have a word with him

As I said to wifey; With expectation comes disappointment.

Stay well out of it.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 48 total)

The topic ‘brother in law playing away from home….’ is closed to new replies.