Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Brother bought a CdF 20 yesterday
  • SaxonRider

Now I have bike envy. Granted, I helped him buy it, and got to test ride it before he made the final decision, so whatever bug bit me when I first saw it will have sunk its teeth in deeper when I got on the saddle.

In any case, I got a text off him this morning declaring it to have been his best ride into work ever.

Now, for all our viewing pleasure:

Anyone have stories from riding theirs that will confirm I need one?

jimdubleyou

Oooh, nice colour.

zilog6128

Anyone have stories from riding theirs that will confirm I need one?

Without a doubt! Bought mine in 2011 (plain but classy white!) & it’s easily been my most ridden bike since. Almost daily commuting plus longer evening/weekend rides, pub runs, getting shopping, etc! Stock build was a bit basic but I’ve replaced everything since except the stem & front mech.

Was eyeing up the new Ti version at a bike show recently, unfortunately my old steel one is still going strong so can’t really justify it. That and it has some competition now I think in terms of the Tripster ATR (which is a bit cheaper & fits wider tyres) although I’ve not ridden one yet.

whitestone
    Free Member

I’ve the CdF 10 as my commuter/winter bike, decent enough that I consider it over my Spesh Roubaix if the weather/road conditions are poo even though it’s 50% heavier and not as lively. Not going to set the world alight but it’s more than good enough for a lot of riding.

Mine’s the mustard colour BTW.

jekkyl

Very nice! £1200? hmmm

wanderer
    Free Member

Right. You’re sooo busy at work you can’t reply to my texts, but you can find the time to post about it on STF?! Prick.

😉

Yeah, i stayed off the tow path this morning as I haven’t yet fit my mud guards. Sticking to the back roads I was able to shave almost a full 4 minutes off a route that normally takes me 34-36 minutes on a trek commuter (7.5 miles). Lovely bike so far.

Afraid though I may now have this stupid n+1 disease… Just been looking at cotic’s website.

Kahurangi

I had one in 2011 (853 steel, carbon fork, discs and 105 for £1000 RRP) and found it heavy, sluggish and uninspiring on road. I sold it after I’d paid off the C2W.

HTH.

thesurfbus
    Free Member

Did they fix the toe overlap problems?

tommce
    Free Member

Well, there you go, what a coincidence – I rode my new Cdf 20 2016, in green, to work for the first time today and I love it!

The ‘one bike’ bit makes a lot of sense for me, London roads are appalling that they count as off-road in most places and this bike handled them really well.

Add the hydraulic disc brakes – again, very useful in traffic – and I have a stronger urge than usual to leave work early…..

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Brother bought a CdF 20 yesterday’ is closed to new replies.