Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • Brooks saddle for a gravel bike?
  • thwapy
    Free Member

Which saddle do people use and do you use leather or the vulcanised rubber?

Pros/Cons and advice… thanks!

Gary_M
    Free Member

I’m using a Cambium C13. I do a lot of miles on it and never notice it so that’s a good thing. I’ve always had flite style saddles but fancied a change. Got mine from charlie the bikemonger and I think he’s still the cheapest for them.

aP
    Free Member

CtB apparently “owns the market” in Cambium saddles….

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    gobuchul
    Free Member

I love Brooks saddles, have 2. A B17 and a B17 narrow.

Spa Cycles sell clones that are a bit cheaper.

zanelad
    Free Member

CtB apparently “owns the market” in Cambium saddles.

I hope so. I ordered one from him and am waiting for it to arrive. Hope it’s as comfy as most people say they are……

scotroutes

B17 on mine

Skankin_giant
    Free Member

Use a C17 on my wide tyred Kaffenback for gravel trips out and about, saddle is a bit too wide really and creaks a little but for the most it is comfortable. Too tight by buy a C15…. bought the 17 2nd hand from eBay….

sturmeyarcher

Swift Titanium on mine. Nice and light with a bit of give in the Ti rails. I was concerned the leather wouldn’t appreciate the rough treatment or repeated soaking, but after 7 years it’s fine.

beanum

I’ve got a C15 on mine. I measured it up against my old Specialized saddle (143mm) but didn’t realise how rounded the top is in comparison. I should probably have got a C17 as it turns out but I do find it very comfy..

JohnnyPanic

Is there a ‘break in’ period for these?
    I’ve always imagined them to be rock hard.

clubby

Leather ones need broken in, Cambium ones don’t.
    Love my two Cambiums. Very comfy, but amount of flex can feel a big weird until you’re used to it. As mentioned above, can also make strange squeaking noises on bumpy terrain.

jerrys
    Free Member

B17 on the Vaya which sees a bit of offroad. It started off on my Kaffenback but the Vaya has bigger squashy tyres and the saddle seems more comfy (it’s still breaking in) and I reckon it will be a keeper.

I had a C17 given to me by my brother who couldn’t get on with it. neither could I. Instrument of torture to me. Everyone is different though.

takisawa2

I’d put a C17 on every bike if I could afford it.
    Lovely from the off.

vorlich
    Free Member

I’ve got a C17 I’m looking to flog if anyone is interested, swapped for a C15.

shedbrewed
    Free Member

C17 on my Raleigh of gravelheft, hasn’t made a single squeak on that bike. In contrast when it was on the Burls of shitness it creaked like ****. Mind you, a lot of the bike did.
    C13 wide on my summer bike. Very happy.

thwapy
    Free Member

Vorlich – I would be interested can you email me please…

siwhite
    Free Member

Cambian Scoop (central cutout bit) on a Sonder Camino Ti here. Lovely bit of kit, very comfy and I like the aesthetics of the thing. I’m considering buying a second for my Stumpy.

ontor
    Free Member

C17 and C17 cutout on the cross and road/gravel respectively

ianfitz
    Free Member

I found the cambiums did ‘give’ a bit more after a few weeks. Particularly the carved ones

petec
    Free Member

I have a Spa Cycles ‘Swift’ – aka the Aire Titanium.

Very good actually; little firm to start off with, but my posterior is now the last appendage to complain, rather than the first, on a long cycle.

Bit cheaper than the Brooks equivalent.

midlifecrisis
    Free Member

a stealth ad for my Swift Titanium …

martymac

B17 titanium on two of my bikes.
    I wore padded shorts for the first couple of rides, but didn’t really notice any appreciable break in time.
    It seems that i have a brooks shaped arse.

Nipper99
    Free Member

C15 Carved here.

[url=https://flic.kr/p/PJg3a3]20161217_125106[/url] by jamesanderson2010, on Flickr

kiwijohn

Another C17 fan here.

burko73

assuming that I’m currently riding a charge spoon/ Madison flux – which cambium would you buy for gravel bike (escapade) and rigid do everything else bike (longitude)?

thorpey0
    Free Member

Thanks for all the advice – I pulled the trigger on a Cambium C17 from Charlie TBM. I’ll update after I have it and I’ve had a few rides.

Burko I was in the same boat – go C17!

burko73

Thorpey, cheers. C17 not too wide/ big then?

Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)

The topic ‘Brooks saddle for a gravel bike?’ is closed to new replies.