Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Brooks cambium saddles?
  • ton

do they give after a while?.
    got a couple of hundred miles on one, but not too sure about keeping it.

Teetosugars
    Free Member

Loved mine straight from the box Tony..
    Didn’t need to give IMHO.Not like a B17 or the likes?
    I guess it’s all down to arse shape?

somafunk

My C15 didn’t which was a shame as i so wanted my arse to fit it but after a few hundred miles of painful/bruised sit bones i sold it on.

But i found an old charge spoon that i had forgot about in my Attic that is so comfortable i can now ride without the need for padded shorts

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    frood
    Free Member

Loved mine on the puffer. Had done about 3 rows on it before. That’s the one with the split down the middle. Plenty of give, it’s like a hammock

bonesetter
    Free Member

Look into creaking issues

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

I guess it’s all down to arse shape?

This thread is just fine without pics, thanks.

I’d be interested to hear how they fare in terms of wearing out shorts. Looks abrasive to me.

ski
    Free Member

No sign of give with mine yet, six months in and its been used daily on my commute, mine was comfortable from day one mind.

ton

to be honest, it is comfy, in a harsh stiff kind of way. might be the narrower tyres and harder saddle combo. also coming from a wide b17.

RustySpanner

Did you ever get that Nidd to feel comfy?

JohnClimber
    Free Member

No they don’t give, if they fit your arse they are fantastic.
    If not sell it on

ton

Did you ever get that Nidd to feel comfy?

Pete, i reckon i would have been 90 before that was gonna happen.

RustySpanner

I’ve still got a brand new one waiting to go on the new bike.
    Don’t know if I can face another 18 months of arse misery before it gives in.
    😐
    Might bottle it & stick the Rolls on instead.

I quite fancy one of these:

Always wanted to try one after seeing them as a kid.
    Ze Germans are doing them for reasonable prices too.

ton

seriously, the nidd is about twice the thickness of a b17, and it is proper rock hard solid.
    only reason i got the cambium was because my b17 pulled the leather away from the front rivett. sent it back to rose bikes for a credit.

RustySpanner

My ‘broken in’ Nidd is great.
    It drank two tins of dubbin before it started to bend a bit though.

Not sure if Brooks quality is what it was – Son in Law had a similar issue with a Swift – replaced by the shop too.
    Maybe they just sell more these days.

xyeti
    Free Member

Mines not giving much, it was comfy from day one, I find the Charge saddles scoop or spoon are comfy for about 3 hours then the padding creates hot spots that leads to soreness, I’m enjoying my C15, it does look like the texture speeds up wear though, as I hung my Singletrack shorts on the towel rail to dry I could see straight through then,

It’s always a talking point at Cafe stops, not only because Yeti “never made road bikes” it’s a CX bike, and also BROOKS ” Only EVER make leather saddles………. One bloke even comented if I wanted one I should have bought one and not stuck a badge on one,
    I wouldn’t mind I didn’t but this one it was a Xmas present,

firestarter
    Free Member

Hated mine I gave it a few hundred miles and got shut looked lovely but was truly awful. And I loved my old leather Brooks b17 too

Teetosugars
    Free Member

Oh, and Tony, I’ve a San Marco Regal, and a Rolls I’m selling if you wanna try either of them?

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Brooks cambium saddles?’ is closed to new replies.