Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Brookbank canoes gone pop?
  • geoffj

Heard a rumour they’ve gone into administration – anyone know owt?

Bruce

If you look at this thread on uk rivers it might shed some light.

http://www.ukriversguidebook.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=97546

geoffj

Sad news. Likely to be a bugger for Escape Route which share the shop with them in Perth.

fervouredimage
    Free Member

That’s a shame. I was about to put £1500 there way but I’m a little dubious now. Hope they can pull through it.

killwillforchips
    Free Member

On their facebook page when asked if they were going out of business; they replied no, just changing things around.
    Their lancaster shop has however been closed.

I’m not convinced, Pyranha is THE biggest uk kayak manufacturer/distributor. it doesn’t look good that Pyranha won’t deal with them anymore. I bought my fusion from Warwick in June and it was a major hassle, alot of blaming the manufacturer for their own mistakes.

Its scary times when a retailer as big as Brookbank can’t survive.

dab

Shame for ER as I really like the shop

Bought quite a bit in the last 3 months from them, especially after the smart wool sample sale – bargaintastic !!

Seems lots ofshops are struggling as disposable income gets squeezed

BigButSlimmerBloke
    Free Member

FWIW – passed by Brookbank Perth last night about 6:30, closed but lights on and a few cars outside.
    Also FWIW I bought a Fusion a few years ago and went to Brookbank as a local supplier but they weren’t dealing with Pyranha then which struck me as a bit off, Pyranha being as big as they are.

In Perth, Tiso must be hurting them, but the guys in the shop are likeable so I hope they pull through

jam-bo

Confirmed by brookbank on ukrivers.

http://www.ukriversguidebook.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=97807

by Mark at Brookbank » Wed Dec 12, 2012 2:06 pm
    Unfortunately it is with great regret and sadness that we have to announce that Brookbank has gone into administration

Obviously we as the owners and the staff are devastated with this development which has come about very quickly and we were forced into a situation that was not survivable. All stores are now closed and the remaining stock is being cleared through the website and staff are no longer in emplyoment.

We would like to express our sincere thanks to the many customers that have supported us over the years and the friends we have made and to publicly thank all our staff over the years that helped build Brookbank.

Thanks again for your support and we are very sorry for the situation.

We will not be able to reply to any posts here but will put an update up next week as things develop for customers affected. In the meantime the website will be selling off clearance stock

P20

We did think of getting vouchers for our wedding next year instead of the traditional wedding list, but we’ve stuck with tradition. Just as well by the looks of it!

mgarys
    Free Member

Sad to see yet another good business going bust, but looks like they’ve definitely gone, with Carlisle shop unfortunately OK to take my money for online/telephone order but looks like nothing will be delivered now!! I’ve exhausted all alternatives to try to get in contact with anyone in Brookbank who might be left to talk to about this, anyone have details, or is credit card Retail Disputes Dept likely now to be better option??

BigButSlimmerBloke
    Free Member

I understand the Perth shop is till open (although that might just be for Escape Route bikes). You might want to try them see if they can help.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Brookbank canoes gone pop?’ is closed to new replies.