Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Brompton: First Proper Ride
  • ericemel
    Free Member

And I lived!

10 Miles to work from Wimbledon to Farringdon – my surprises:

– Bike is great! But I won’t break any speed records on it.
    – CS7 the bike superhighway – is actually pretty damn good
    – Very surprised how few people jumped lights

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

Just make sure you keep the tyres pumped up to 100psi, makes a world of difference.

Holborn Circus is being re-engineered, so expect some nonsense to start around there any minute, with any luck they’ll have fully reopened Holborn Viaduct first, but I doubt it

poolman
    Free Member

well done – I used to do Kingston – Strand – not always on a Brompton. There’s a Brompton group meet up in Richmond Park.

Safe riding

no_eyed_deer
    Free Member

I reckon those things, with their insy tiny wheels, must accelerate like the millennium falcon doing the kesel run!

brakes
    Free Member

0-15mph in 0.000001s. Maximum speed of 16mph. 😀

aP
    Free Member

I shall be riding mine back home from North Greenwich tonight. Probably a part train commute as 20 mikes on a Brompton after work is a bit much.

Gotama
    Free Member

I’m going to give one a go tomorrow for part of my commute. Should be about 6.5 miles in from the robin hood roundabout. Never been on a folding bike but it makes more sense than a full size and a rack for my needs so I signed up to the Brompton Dock to have a go. Usual 29er to 16 inch should be interesting 😀

MrWoppit
    Free Member

– CS7 the bike superhighway – is actually pretty damn good
    – Very surprised how few people jumped lights

Clearly, you don’t ride the same “CS7” that I do, from Colliers Wood to L’Enfant du Castille..

ericemel
    Free Member

Clearly, you don’t ride the same “CS7” that I do, from Colliers Wood to L’Enfant du Castille..

The very same one. Much easier than Wimbledon to CW with no dedicated cycle way – I pretty much cruised the whole way no worries, just needed to avoid the odd bus.

I reckon those things, with their insy tiny wheels, must accelerate like the millennium falcon doing the kesel run!

Pretty much! I was away first every light very quickly caught up by road bikes though.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Brompton: First Proper Ride’ is closed to new replies.