Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Broken Tracer VP
  • dans160
    Free Member

Having decided to add some new grease to the bearings using the zerk ports and grease gun you get with the frame I noticed some play in one of the bearings in the rear triangle where where it mates to the lower pivot arm. Taking it apart to clean out the old grease and for a closer look the rear triangle sprung to the left (looking at the bike from the top with it placed upside down on the ground). This makes it very hard to get back together and also makes me think that a. the rear triangle is out of alignment and b. this aggravated the bearing wear.

The bike store think that this is acceptable, I don’t. What do you folks think and does anyone have any experiences of this type of issue?

Picture here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/36888467@N08/3504546689/

Cheers,

Dan

singlespeedstu

The gap between the black linkage plate and the bb shell looks to be a fair bit out of line too.

dans160
    Free Member

I called Intense and they are looking at the photos. Hopefully they will either put my mind at rest or offer a solution of some kind that does not involve pulling the bike part posting the frame 450 miles to the store I bought it from only for them to post back down south to the distributors to check it over.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Broken Tracer VP’ is closed to new replies.