Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Broken toe?
  • molgrips
    Free Member

Are there any indicators for a broken toe as opposed to just hurt? Mrs Grips smacked her toe falling down the stairs. Hurts a fair bit sitting there, she can wiggle it slightly and walk gingerly but certain positions cause sharp burning pain. It’s painful to the touch at the point where it was whacked too.

I’m thinking it doesn’t matter much since there’s nothing you can do. Dr Google says strap it to its larger neighbour but that’s big toe – does that still apply?

midlifecrisis
    Free Member

A few years ago I stood on a wet sloping rock and my foot slid down it. This slammed my big toe into the ground. It swelled up to twice its normal size and the end of my foot turned a wonderful shade of purple / blue. It was hard to walk for a week and was painful for a long time after.

I visited the doctor but it was a waste of time as he said there was nothing to be done. It might be broken, it might not. It would get better. Unless it was bent sideways he was not prepared to do anything. It did get better but doesn’t bend as much as the other one.

Basically, if your wife is really worried she could visit her GP but I suspect the outcome would be the same as I had. Ibuprofen and paracetamol will help with the pain. RICE (rest, ice, compression and elevation) will help it recover.

dooosuk
    Free Member

As above. Nothing can be done even if it is broke. Just need to suffer the pain for a couple of weeks.

molgrips
    Free Member

As I thought. So there’s no point in trying to determine either way.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Broken toe?’ is closed to new replies.