Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Broken, the TV series.
  • wrightyson
    Free Member

Anyone watched it? Missed it when it started. Sean Bean is very good!

colournoise

Bit bleak. McGovern by numbers.

rascal
    Free Member

It’s very dark – some proper demons in Mr Bean’s head.
    It’s good but not as good as previous McGovern stuff like The Street or The Lakes.
    Def worth watching from the start and prob until the end.
    Proper dodgy barnet T’sheffield lad is sporting.

Waaayyyy better than Fearless that is running on ITV ATM.

wrightyson
    Free Member

We’re on catch up binge. Watched 3 over the last few nights. Normal telly soaps fly on the wall etc just kills the life out of me, just so shite.

CheesybeanZ

Dark , way better written and acted than the truly wooden The Loch .

funkmasterp

I’ve not seen it yet, but I’m guessing Mr Bean dies. He’s typecast as the fella that always ends up dead

teasel
    Free Member

Yeah, very good. Particularly liked a scene in Ep.3, toward the end directly after the conversation with the young copper on his doorstep, the shot of his home, cast in a blueish glow – lovely arty angles and mood. A few scenes later when he confronts Father Matthew was also well played; conveying a man almost reaching the end of his tether and having little grasp on his highly charged emotions was rather good, I thought.

binners

Loving this! I bloody love Jimmy McGovern. Great interview with him the other day on Radio 4 about the central character. Worth searching out on iPlayer

I love the dialogue. It gets really bleak, then he’ll break it up with something like the scene ‘well it’s not every day you get to skin up in a phone box with a catholic priest’ or ‘I’m getting pretty ****ing sick of the Ban Ki Moon routine’

And Sean Bean is just bloody brilliant!

teasel
    Free Member

Kinda liked the ending, kinda didn’t. I was hoping for a non-happy ending rather than the sickly sweet show we were given, though it did leave me feeling all warm inside, which I guess was the point.

Bean’s struggle with self loathing and lack of forgiveness was superbly done. You’ve suffered long enough, my son – have a little light relief…

wrightyson
    Free Member

Last night’s was the first we watched “live” after catching up on the previous 5 over 2 weeks. Sean Bean was bloody brilliant, Anna friel still has something about her. Really enjoyed the whole series.

Northwind

rascal – Member

some proper demons in Mr Bean’s head

😆

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Broken, the TV series.’ is closed to new replies.