Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Broken Specialized Command Post…
  • Tom.S
    Free Member

Well it stopped working. Took it to bits and look at the state of that!

Any ideas if specialized do a spare collet, I think I need a part number to take down to the LBS as didn’t have much joy with them when I was after new keyways for it in summer (which I still need!)

That collet obviously doesn’t look very robust, pretty disappointed with this.

orangeboy
    Free Member

That collect bit is a spare, a mate had a new one fitted the other month but the post went back to spech
    He was told not to let the post bang up into place but use his weight to let it up with a little care.
    Not sure how much difference that would make

Tom.S
    Free Member

Well that’s a bit of a relief! Did it take them long to turn it round? I don’t want to be waiting ages which is one reason why I would prefer to get hold of the spare(the other reason being it might be cheaper!)

orangeboy
    Free Member

Don’t think it was too bad but was not really paying attention as it was not mine. Also found this
    http://service.specialized.com/asc/Content/Tech%20Pubs/Technical%20Bulletins/TB0215.pdf

With my one getting the seal head off to lube it seemed to make it much better but mine is a 2011 one so getting on a bit

Tom.S
    Free Member

Cheers pal, this is 2011 too and I cleaned and regreased it over summer. Think it’s just had a lot of use this year. Which is good 🙂

StuE
    Free Member

This would suggest that the collet is not available as a spare
    http://specialized.desk.com/customer/portal/questions/885353-command-post-seat-remaining-up

Tom.S
    Free Member

Specialized seriously do my head in with their unhelpfulness sometimes. For example mojo sent me some o-rings FOC for my 2011 32s last week, no questions… Can’t even buy bits off spesh.

Tom.S
    Free Member

I take it back! Helpful guys at the LBS are gunna sort me out 🙂

Speshpaul

you could always try ringing spesh uk and speaking to the suspension dept.
    fairly radical i know but its got to be worth a try…………..

Tom.S
    Free Member

Yeah rang them monday and they said I had to send it in via my local dealer. Hoping to ride this side of christmas, hence the ‘can I get a spare’ thread. Cheers for the thoughts though!

Speshpaul

“Hoping to ride this side of christmas”
    you rang them yesterday and they said they would post to your nearest dealer……

two things,
    one, how long do you think is acceptable for them to send you a spare part?

two, why not conduct a staw poll on here asking dropper post owners if they keep a normal seatpost for “when the dropper isn’t working”?

Cammer
    Free Member

Exactly the same failure on my command post weekend before last. Took it to the LBS, replacement part received in a couple of days for £25. Back riding with command post the following weekend

Can’t complain 🙂

Tom.S
    Free Member

Jeez sorry Paul… I was just trying to get an idea if anyone had an idea of whether spares were available or even perhaps anyone had a old bit lying around.

It’s odd you say that as when I rang yesterday I was actually told I needed to send the post in for service via a dealer. So just trying to save a bit of time and money I rang a shop today and am hoping they can help me which I’m sure they can.

I’ve orderd a new ‘solid’ post off CRC today to keep me going as you suggested.

Just incase the shop can’t help, perhaps you kindly PM me the number of someone who can send me the bit as I obviously must of got the wrong office or something? Thanks!

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Broken Specialized Command Post…’ is closed to new replies.