Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • broken shoulder injury.
  • c9tln
    Free Member

i broke my shoulder bone on a outing yesterday,has anyone any experience on how long it takes to heal properly?

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Shoulder bone? Which particular bit?

Bones take 8+ weeks to heal. Ligament damage can be longer.

c9tln
    Free Member

it's the acromion bone(i think)i'm sure the ligaments are damaged too.

zaskar
    Free Member

Dam, that sucks.

Kuco

Ligaments never heal the same 🙁

c9tln
    Free Member

that doesn't sound too good then.

Brainflex

Fractured my scapula 2 years ago and only now am getting the strength back in it. Still gives me a great deal of pain on bad days.

Ti29er
    Free Member

Damaged my AC joint some 6 years ago (the clavicle did not snap, but the joint impacted into itself), and still can not bear weight on my shoulders, such as people putting arms around me or having a child shoulder piggy back.

Obi_Twa
    Free Member

I would suggest that you have some hard work ahead of you to get that back to being hunky dory. Get yourself some physio sorted out and do it.

Be thinking more along the lines of 18months to get it back to full working painfree order rather than a matter of weeks.

coastkid
    Free Member

broke a collarbone in two bits,(the middle snapped off bit fell onto the hospital floor while waiting!!!)
    it healed quick after plated,
    worse was torn ligaments…that was agony and took nearly 3 months and i still get jib from it…i recommend paying for good sports physio…
    good luck healing,

duntstick
    Free Member

When I broke and dislocated mine I was lucky enough to be able spend a lot of time in a pool just letting my arms just float around and gradually starting to make swimming type motions.
    I have no pain now from it, but I'd say 4mths before it's safe to use properly.

c9tln
    Free Member

it's not sounding too good the length of the healing process,got my stag do in magaluff in 2 weeks,should be interesting!

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘broken shoulder injury.’ is closed to new replies.