Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Broken shadow plus rear mech
  • GEDA
    Free Member

Does not engauge any more. Had it a part and it looks ok. The weedy piece of metal that engauges the clutch is in one piece. Is the clutch a lock or just stiffening up? I have forgotten to switch it off a few times when taking off the wheel but don’t see why this would break the thing unless it was a lock or when it is on there is only a limited amount of movement.

Northwind
    GEDA
    Free Member

Tried that. The metal bit it is on is really thin though it looked slightly off 90 degrees when i took the cover off.

Northwind

Any chance of a pic?

GEDA
    Free Member

Will go and take one. Did notice bike radar said the netal bit was none removable but mine comes off.

Mister-P
    Free Member

All the bits are removable, I stripped a Zee mech of it’s clutch this weekend. Someone on here was claiming there was an elastic band in there so I stripped a broken mech to have a look. It is all metal bits, just as I thought.

legend
    Free Member

Stripped a broken SLX at the weekend, the metal holder is very flimsy and could come off (especially when the cover’s off) so IMO that’d be the bit to focus on. The rest is just the cam and the band that goes around the ratchet. Loosen the adjuster right off when trying to get the thin holder back on, makes it a lot easier

GEDA
    Free Member

Ok fixed it. The metal bit was broken, really far too weak, it had broken off at the bottom on closer inspection. Fixed it by jamming some small bits of plastic between the tightening band and the screw and backed the screw off so it is pushing against the body of cover. Bad design which they could easily fix.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Broken shadow plus rear mech’ is closed to new replies.