Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Broken humerus :(
  • mcpayner94
    Free Member

Anybody give me any tips on recovering quickly and riding again ASAP? Cracked my humerus whilst racing on the weekend, pretty darn painful and drugged up on co-codamol!

Jordan

daznal
    Free Member

That not funny….sorry i’ll get my coat

woody2000

Anybody give me any tips on recovering quickly and riding again ASAP

Listen to the docs & physio would be my advice 😉

Good luck

scotroutes

Damn you!

Drac

That not funny….sorry i’ll get my coat

No that would be the funny bone.

kudos100
    Free Member

I was going to make the same joke. 😆

Stay off anti immflamatories as the suppress bone healing. Look up bone healing supplements. They will not make a huge difference, but every bit helps.

jairaj

Basically be well behaved and do exactly what the Doctors tell you.

If they say keep it immobilised, then do just that. If they say raise it up / down when resting do that. etc …

GolfChick
    Free Member

I’ve no idea but one tiny tip if you’re that way inclined like me, co-codamol can properly bung you up so make adjustments to your diet to counter that effect.

Rorschach
    Free Member

Be careful men…..he has no sense of humour now.

maxtorque

Can i add “Listen to your body”?

My recent experience of the excellent medical profession is that the advice they give is good and based on solid medical science, but, having said that they simply can feel what you feel! My tip is to get off any pain killers as soon as you can bear it, and then start very very carefully using your limbs and muscles. The sooner you use it, the quicker you get it back in my experience. If you sit around, without any activity and a low metabolic rate, no wonder it takes your body ages to heal!

metalheart
    Free Member

Don’t let your wrist slump (I got a bollocking for that at the first fracture clinic visit…)

Get off meds as soon as you can.

Keep as active as you can.

Are you in a cast? I bust mine high up and only had a polysling, man THAT was shit…

nutsnvolks
    Free Member

I must say I have found this thread humerus!

Il get my coat to

mcpayner94
    Free Member

Cheers lads. I will let you know how the healing process goes!

jezabel
    Free Member

I can sympathise, I broke my collar bone 7 weeks ago & my x-ray showed it hasn’t healed as it was an awkward place it broke in. Definitely get some sunshine, vitamin D helps absorb calcium so should speed up your recovery 🙂

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Broken humerus :(’ is closed to new replies.