Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Broken Hope Brakes: What bits do I need?
  • roverpig

Hi all,

I’ve got an old set of Hope X4 brakes that I was trying to fit today. I think I’m right in saying that these use 6mm hoses. Anyway, the first problem was that the front hose was too short. Ok so I need a new hose, but nobody seems to stock 6mm hoses anymore. The second problem is that (in a ham fisted attempt to remove the old hose at the caliber) I wiggled the hose a bit much and broke off the little tube that comes out of the 90 degree connector and fits into the hose.

So, my questions are: what parts do I need and where can I get them.

Can I source some 6mm hose and replace the 90 degree connector (or even just that little bit that sticks out the end)?

I could upgrade to a 5mm hose I guess, but then I need 2 new 90 degree connectors as well (as the X4 has 90 degree connectors on each end of the hose for the front brake).

Anyway, thanks in anticipation.

Cheers

Andy

orangeboy
    Free Member

It’s going to be a pain to find older large hose fittings

Given the price of buying a full set of fittings I’d think about a Goodridge upgrade

WhatWouldJesusRide
    Free Member

How old are the brakes?

I’d get in touch with Hope. They might have the spares you need.

turboferret

It can work out quite expensive buying all the spares individually.

Goodridge (as suggested above) may be a sensible option and similar cost.

Cheers, Rich

coatesy
    Free Member

We’ve got a drawer full of 6mm fittings at Sunset(nobody mentioned they were about to change to 5mm when we bought them), but that still leaves the problem of getting 6mm hose.Probably best to go to a 5mm set-up now, Hope used to do hose kits with everything included at quite a reasonable price when they introduced it,and they may stiil be available.
    EDIT- You don’t necessarily need a 90 degree connector at the lever, straight normally works fine, and Hope do a kit with everything needed part no. HBSPC03, retailing at about £20

roverpig

Thanks All,

Coatsey, if you could sell me a 6mm 90 deg connector that would be ideal I think I can source some braided 6mm hose.

Cheers,

Andy

coatesy
    Free Member

Can do, call us tomorrow,and speak to Jon (i’m off to C-y B for the weekend), we’re on 029020371321.Tell him it’s the old type, aluminium with built in barb, £2.50 delivered.

roverpig

Thanks. Will do.

Cheers,

Andy

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Broken Hope Brakes: What bits do I need?’ is closed to new replies.