Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Broken Gravity Dropper – update and worthy praise
  • votchy
    Free Member

Having snapped the inner post of my GD at the weekend I just wanted everyone to know what a great group of people they are at GD, especially Josh and Wayne, story goes like this:

Broke post Saturday (post is getting on for 2yrs old)
    E-mailled GD to ask about purchasing spares to repair post myself
    Found spares available on GD website and ordered
    Reply from GD apologising for inconvenience and offering to repair post at no cost to me
    GD cancelled my order due to foc repair
    Cost to send post to US prohibitive according to quotes
    GD understand and want me to let them know what I will do
    USPS postage notification arrives in my inbox
    GD shipped parts anyway due to Josh being out of office
    Post office quote me £14 to send post back
    GD apologise for mix up, ask me to return post, will repair foc and return asap and will not charge me for the parts shipped:

Mark,

Please keep the parts and continue to enjoy the ride. We take great pride in the customer service we are able to offer bicycle enthusiasts such as ourselves. We'll have the seatpost back to you in no time and again please keep the parts in the event that there is ever another failure. Doesn't hurt to have one on hand. Thank you for your business and we hope you enjoy riding your Gravitydropper as much as we enjoy building them for riders like us.

Post was sent this morning, just like everyone to be aware of the exceptional customer service these guys provide. Good customer service is easy during the selling of something, however, true customer service can only be measured when you have a problem after your purchase and the people at GD have excelled themselves.

Mark

Am sure there will be people that will say the post shouldn't have broken but having never done the same thing with a standard post that I did with my GD to break it who knows?

jackal
    Free Member

Big thumbs up there then, makes a nice change doesn't it to receive 'proper' customer service.
    I've been thinking about getting one for a while now, but been put off by reliability issues, this sways me even more towards one tho.

🙂

votchy
    Free Member

Reliability has been faultless in the 2yrs of ownership apart from the breakage, will not be using anything else on my bike ever.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Broken Gravity Dropper – update and worthy praise’ is closed to new replies.