Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Broken frames
  • soma_rich
    Free Member

I want to hang a frame on my wall. Now I could trall ebay for something but where else do you think I should look? Something like an old CDale Raven or a GT STS or a Mountain Cycle.

Do you have one hidden away in your loft that could do with some appreciation?

messiah
    Free Member

Go break your own… hanging up the results of someone elses actions is a bit like supporting a football team when you have no connection to that town… ;o)

jeff

I don’t have enough walls…

coffeeking
    Free Member

I want a V8 engine-block to make into a coffee table – anyone got one spare?

XC_PK
    Free Member

I have an old Marin (sorry!) Team Issue with a beautiful crack in the seat tube, it goes all the way round, and holey chain stays? This the sort of thing your after?

soma_rich
    Free Member

All the frames I have broken I have managed to get replaced or sold to new fools owners.

I couldnt bring myself to hang a marin on my wall sorry PK 🙁

XC_PK
    Free Member

😉 I know the feeling, thats why I took it down! Offer is still open if anyone wants it.

ricochet_rob
    Free Member

I also have a Marin going if you want, its a B-17 (very nice paint job and decals) with a small crack in the headtube, Free if you want it ! Please 😀

Andy

Well the Coiler will never break and even if it did there is no way you could hang it without it taking half the wall with it when it fell down 😆

Olly
    Free Member

i always thought if i had a car crushed it would make a nice coffee table…
    but i pay my tax and insurance and mot etc, so hopefully it wont happen :s

sounds like a perfect excuse for a new frame to me soma_rich!
    dont get someone elses, thats a rubbish idea.
    wait until you break one, or just retire something trusty (though be warned, if you retire something that works, it probably wont stay on the wall for long, once you realise youve got enough spares to make another bike, and could REALLY use a pub bike….)

taka
    Free Member

ive got my heckler on my bedroom wall 😆

RealMan
    Free Member

A guy had this bike at last weekends gorrick mtb event.

http://www.joolzedymond.com/photocart/index.php?do=photocart&viewImage=28037

taka
    Free Member

ouch!

TinMan
    Free Member

I do have a 1996/7 GT STS in the garage (orig version with lugged headtube). Fully built & technically MrsTinmans MTB.

Don’t think I want to give it away though, not yet…

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Broken frames’ is closed to new replies.