Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Broken frame , advice needed plz
  • rbrstr
    Free Member

I had a fairly major failure of my full susser’s rear triangle today during perfectly normal riding, no jumps or anything rough. does anyone have any previous experience with frame warranty stuff? i’m wondering where i stand with regard to getting my ripped bib shorts,jersey,broken helmet replaced?
    Its going back to the shop tomorrow as the bike is only 11 months old and i’m sure they’ll fit a new triangle no probs but do they cover damage to kit? is the fact ive never had it serviced likely to be a problem?
    thank you

cullen-bay
    Free Member

frame should be warrantied, helmet replaced under a crash replacement scheme your other clothes are gone though.

dhrider
    Free Member

Warranty will cover the frame only. It’s just unlucky that your clothes were ripped aswell.

Suggsey
    Free Member

Claim for the ripped clothes and damaged helmet on your house insurance, most decent cover insurance companies will pay out in full especially if you have photos of faulty frame that gave way annd subsequent damage to your kit. My mate snapped his maiden ride 456 at the headtube top tube when he put his wheel down a drain and it swallowed his front wheel. His insurance replaced the whole bike and paid out for his waterproof, camelbak etc etc etc. Didnt pay out for the big hole in his leg though.

rbrstr
    Free Member

ok, thanks guys. will check my home insurance 🙂

couldashouldawoulda
    Free Member

Out of interest – what bike was it?

I cant advise on the damages bit – sorry.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Broken frame , advice needed plz’ is closed to new replies.