Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Broken Camera
  • bobyou72
    Free Member

I had my brand new camera in my shorts pocket whilst riding at the weekend. Must have sat on a rock. The lens now has a small ding in it – so shutters wont open fully when turn it on. grrr…
    Has anyone done this?! I was thinking as to whether they could pull out the ding at a bodyshop..?! or camera repair place.
    Its a Lumix DMC-XS1

Malvern Rider
    Free Member

Presumably you mean the lens housing? I had sticky cap-shutters on a Lumix compact, think it was grit, but how bad is the ding? You might be able to gentle ‘manipulate (bend)’ it back with the right tool but could be risky process, the zoom mechanism is often fragile and too much pressure can cause a proper jam. Tricky… got any pics ? 😉

Cougar

Might be worth chancing your arm where you bought it from, is there anything they can do, gesture of goodwill etc…?

johndoh
    Free Member

Bought on credit card?

Rscott
    Free Member

Did you Not buy the 3 year insurance that places like pc world offer, I’m sure you can buy them third party,or even protect my buble kind of websites my missus has had 3 new cameras in 2 years 2 due to careless air hostes’s and another due to water ingress, each time they have managed to up grade her camera for the same cost.

milky1980
    Free Member

I’ve got a little Lumix camera and did the same thing, bent the shutter but also squashed the zoom barrel so it wouldn’t open or zoom. A night sat with a metal pick and being patient bent it all back t a good enough shape to work fine since.

Did look into getting it repaired as it’s a good little camera, but it’s cheaper to just buy a new one if it dies. I bought it for £95 in a sale as it has an aluminium body three years ago. The myriad of dents mean it doesn’t owe me a penny 😆

bobyou72
    Free Member

Yes lens housing. Pen point ding which is ristricting the movement of the shutter 🙁
    Got it off ebay – no insurance – Megadeals UK Ltd – paypal
    I will see what I can do myself but at £55 I may just have to get another one. Really annoying!

bobyou72
    Free Member

I have a pic but struggling to upload

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Broken Camera’ is closed to new replies.