Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Broken ankle—how not to pile on the weight
  • bobbyatwork
    Free Member

Stoopid slip/fall off the bike today on grassy slope…broke me ankle.fitness is pretty good at the moment and have lost over 2 stone this year.dont want to lose it!

I’m guessing I can still go to gym( upper body stuff) etc and I’m going to really watch what I eat but any other tips? How long roughly will it take to heal?

sambob
    Free Member

Hop around instead of using crutches? You probably won’t need to do much upper body stuff if you’re doing a decent amount of time on crutches.

stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

Eat less. Simple.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    smiff
    Free Member

yes, eating way less and exercising the rest of you at the gym? bad luck, biggest problem you’ll probably have is being depressed, i know i would be.. which tends to encourage eating i guess.

m0rk
    Free Member

As sambob says – about 10yrs ago I broke my metatarsal

I went everywhere on crutches that I could, putting in some proper effort to get a ‘stride’ on, dropped a stone, and lost a fair bit off my waist.

Obviously it helped I lived just 400m from work, but that meant at least 800m a day, plus carrying shopping on the way home etc.

wildheart
    Free Member

2 positives I came away with after I broke my ankle:

1/ NHS physios are GREAT.

2/ As Sambob
    says,time on crutches is good for upper body.

I was able to start riding LIGHTLY after 6 weeks,your injury may differ obviously.

smcicr
    Free Member

If you have a smartphone then have a look at myfitnesspal – easy way to keep track of intake – you can use it to maintain a weight level as well as lose some.

Might help keep an eye of what’s going in if you aren’t able to burn off as much for a while.

Hope it heals well and quickly.

bobbyatwork
    Free Member

Awesome guys! Thanks for the tips…I should be fine.get the orthopaedic chap to look at me tomoro so will get a better idea then

bobbyatwork
    Free Member

Awesome guys! Thanks for the tips…I should be fine.get the orthopaedic chap to look at me tomoro so will get a better idea then

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Broken ankle—how not to pile on the weight’ is closed to new replies.