Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 71 total)
  • Brogues.
  • ton

after some new brogue shoes.
    15yr old Trickers have died, what’s good.
    or should i bite the bullet and buy some more Trickers.

bravohotel8er
    Free Member

Grenson are nice.

surfer
    Free Member

Loakes

joolsburger
    Free Member

Loake do some nice ones as do churches try here.

http://www.herringshoes.co.uk/

MountainMutant
    Free Member

I’m stylin some brand new Grenson Fred V’s in tan.

They are KILLING me right now!!

How long for the leather to stretch!?

They look the shizzle though

mcboo
    Free Member

Church are expensive but I dont think they can be beaten. Get the fully lined ones though.

I wouldnt bother with Grenson. Quality isnt great.

mcboo
    Free Member

Laughing at MM. They are hurting because you havent worn anything but trainers and flip-flops for 15yrs. Man-child.

bikebouy
    Free Member

Go Spiv..

ton

bikebouy………..i now feel ill……… 😆

MountainMutant
    Free Member

Laughing at MM. They are hurting because you havent worn anything but trainers and flip-flops for 15yrs. Man-child.

Can’t argue with that 😉

Though I have no probs with the quality of the Grensons and they were £200! How much are Churches!? I think of Churches as an old man’s shoe (or City boy mcboo).

Perfect for Ton 😉

MM

bikebouy
    Free Member

I bought some cracking Brogues from Stag in Brick Lane a couple of months ago, I’m not wearing them today and I can’t remember for the life of me who made them, but they are THE most comfortable pair of “lace ups” I’ve worn for years and years..They were handmade mind. Had one fitting before I got them, waited 7weeks.. but hey.

If I could only remember the blinkin name..

What about Nottingham, isn’t that the Brogue Shoe capital of the world?

Those shoes I posted above.. well do an interwibble search for the word Brogue.. SOme bloomin awful representations of the brogues I have ever seen.

rewski
    Free Member

Been looking for ones like Grenson for years, nice thick sole. Bravo bravo!

ourmaninthenorth

Grenson – lots of people moaning now production has gone to India….

I like Barker and Loake. I’d have Church’s if Edwards of Manchester ever had in their sales in my size…

Don’t forget Crockett, Sargent, Cheaney, etc….

ourmaninthenorth

What about Nottingham, isn’t that the Brogue Shoe capital of the world?

Northampton.

GJP
    Free Member

I have always gone for Jones or Churches depending on how flush I am. Jones have have never let me down.

Had one pair of Loakes which pretty much fell apart within a year, been put off them since. I wouldn’t touch Grenson, don’t think their quality is what it should be for the price

MountainMutant
    Free Member

Rewski…watch the sizing. They come up quite large.

Went down half a size and now having to MTFU over the pain on top of my instep!

angryratio
    Free Member

Barker do the ‘creative’ range for slightly slimmer modern look and they’re rather nice.

rewski
    Free Member

Thanks for the tip MM

nickf
    Free Member

Wearing Church (Lancaster, I think) at the moment. They’re 8 years old, still perfect. Expensive though, and took 12 months to be really comfortable.

Loake do some good stuff at decent prices, as do Barker. Sub £200, which for shoes which will last you a decade or more, seems entirely reasonable.

I tried some Tricker’s and wasn’t massively impressed.

mcboo
    Free Member

bikebouy
    Free Member

Sacre Bleu!!

jet26
    Free Member

Try jacksons in mirfield – have their shoes made in Northampton and way cheaper than big name shoe brands, many of which are no longer made in England.

Barnsley indoor market also got a shoe stall who can get loakes for way cheaper than you will get elsewhere. They will also get them sent to you at home for free (they carry all sizes but not all styles)

iDave
    Free Member

Oliver Sweeney

ton

jet26, just looked on the jackson’s web link to ebay………cheap as chip for decent looking shoes.
    gonna have a drive over in the morning. cheers for the heads up. 😀

jet26
    Free Member

No stress. Got two pairs of their grained leather brogues – cracking. Fella who has the shop is worth the trip alone!

James

Houns

Church shoes from Herring get my vote

Wait until New year sale or pop to Churchs store at Bicester if don’t want to pay full whack

mcmoonter
    Free Member

http://www.hoggs.co.uk/prodcut_details.php?catid=19&product_id=35

I had a couple of pairs of these, super comfy.

Houns

Here are my Churchs

ojom
    Free Member

+1 for Grenson. Very comfy indeed and great leather.

Hobster
    Free Member

Would go for another pair of Trickers personally. Church’s are now owned by Prada and apparently aren’t what they used to be.

TooTall
    Free Member

Take a road trip to Northampton and go round all the factory shops in the area – all the best are there.

MrSmith
    Free Member

grensons are great, better quality than cheapo brogues but not silly money like churches.
    i have 3 pairs about to splurge on a pair of fred’s in walnut but with the commando sole as leather (or the thin india rubber i get fitted to the leather sole) is not great on the ice.

i like some of the barkers though.

chunkypaul
    Free Member

ouch! you lot are **** loaded!

i’d have to have a big win on the lottery to bother getting a pair of Trickers

TooTall
    Free Member

chunky – how much are your riding shoes and trainers? A good pair of leather shoes should last over 10 years if looked after – if not longer.

MrSmith
    Free Member

i wouldn’t go for the single layer sole though, the double is much more comfortable. i have a single layer shoe for summer a size down for thin socks but certainly know if i have been on my feet all day in them.
    the double sole sharp boots with a thicker sock for winter are more comfy and a lot more sturdy.

Houns

I like Prada shoes too so not fussed if they own Churchs

mattsccm
    Free Member

If you want really tough hunt down Scottish ex army shoes. They come ready nailed!

chunkypaul
    Free Member

i generally go though shoes (typical work and causal boots) every two years, so the cost is typically £40pa not including resoling etc.

i’d like a pair of Trickers Maltons but at £340 a pair they definitely would have to last ten years

riding shoes however are a different matter, typically mine only last around one year

Kuco

I had some loverly Church brogues along with several other pairs of Church shoes but in between moving I left them around my mums house for storage and she gave them to charity 🙁 Glad I never paid full price for any of them.

CountZero

Loake do some good stuff at decent prices, as do Barker. Sub £200, which for shoes which will last you a decade or more, seems entirely reasonable.

For £200 I’d expect them to last a hell of a lot longer than that. I’ve had trainers last nearly ten years, and I still wear boots I bought twenty years ago.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 71 total)

The topic ‘Brogues.’ is closed to new replies.