Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 51 total)
  • Broadchurch – Whodunnit?
  • Harry_the_Spider

The money in our house is on the copper’s husband.

wwaswas

I always find I’ve forgotten the whole plot for the first 10 minutes of each episode. Would have been better over a shorter period with longer episodes.

Coppers son is my guess for a long shot.

bigblackshed

The Wife said that on Monday night. I thought it might be the plumbers mate. Outside money on the vicar. Long shot on DI Hardy. (Tennant)

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    wors

I thought Nigel but that would be too obvious after this weeks episode, coppers husband I reckon.

oscillatewildly
    Free Member

+ 1 the coppers husband, hes bald like that man nigel, whom pauline quirk was so sure she thought she saw with the body, and he was acting shifty when the skateboard thing was on cctv a while back

something dodge about him, it wont be his co-worker, too obvious

rockhopperbike

coppers husband, covering for copper son!

Gary_M
    Free Member

Could be the mother of the dead kid, she’s been up to something and hasn’t been investigated yet.

There’s a lot to resolve in the last episode though – the dodgy vicar, the argument with the postman, possible blackmail, whatever was on the laptop/phone, plus lots of other stuff I’ve probably forgotten about.

Been on way to long though, I did enjoy it at first but not a lot has happened in most episodes. Could have been over and done with in half the time.

SprocketJockey
    Free Member

I also reckon it was Miller’s son. Her hubbie finds out about it and covers for him by dumping body. Getting mistaken for Nige in the process.

I did wonder about Miller’s mad sister too. She’s cropped up a couple of times for no apparent reason…

muppetWrangler
    Free Member

Joe, the coppers husband. possibly protecting his son.

Giveaway line was lady copper to caravan woman. ” How could you not see this going on right under your nose” (or something very close to that).

Also all the way through tenant has been stressing that anybody is capable of murder given the right circumstances. So it’s not necessarily an obviously dodgy character.

Caravan woman may either be mistaken about her son(Nigel?), seeing what she expected to see as she believes him to be the evil spawn of her child molesting husband or she’s happy to frame him for the same reason (evil spawn) so as to spare another family the hurt she went through. Although her approach is a bit warped, I think she’ll turn out to have been acting with the best of intentions all along.

Not sure coppers Son knew about the death, if he did wouldn’t he have been more freaked out by being given the dead boys skateboard by caravan woman?

derek_starship
    Free Member

I thought the background to this tale was a paedophile ring.Now I don’t.

I now think that Danny was killed in a scuffle with Tom (miller’s son) during a poaching foray. Tom’s dad stepped in to cover it up and protect his offspring.

I can’t help thinking the vicar has a least some involvement.

Coleman and Tennant have been brilliant throughout and Jodie Whittaker is a real dreamboat.

*swoons*

Gary_M
    Free Member

Also tenant asked policewoman if she knew where sons laptop was when he already had it in his possession. A test to see what she says?

The Tom/dad outcome does seem a bit simple though, I do think the reason for it happening will be the surprise though.

sharkbait
    Free Member

It’s been good – they’ve managed to keep us guessing for quite a while.
    Interestingly 95% of dramas have a single word title.

Harry_the_Spider

The bloke who plays Nige was on the radio the other day. Apparently the cast (apart from the murderer) didn’t know who did it until the reveal.

I was at the place where they filmed it the other year. Dragging a push chair along that beach was an absolute pig.

If it had been me I’d have dumped the body in the car park.

TuckerUK
    Free Member

Loving this series.

DS Miller said to Pauline Quirk’s character, something along the lines of ‘how could she not know that sexual abuse of her children was taking place in her own home?’.

So, Mr. Miller suspected of sexual abuse of one of both of his kids. Also strongly suspect that Pauline Quirk actually saw Miller, who looks very similar to Nige Carter.

Loose ends:

What’s on Tom Millers PC that’s so important?

Where did the cash under Danny’s bed come from?

What about the supposed argument between Danny and a postman?

What does the physic know?

Did the reporters mum/DS Miller’s sister really see something that night? If so, what?

TuckerUK
    Free Member

Coleman and Tennant have been brilliant throughout and Jodie Whittaker is a real dreamboat.

*swoons*

Absolutely!

oscillatewildly
    Free Member

TuckerUK – Member
    Loving this series.

DS Miller said to Pauline Quirk’s character, something along the lines of ‘how could she not know that sexual abuse of her children was taking place in her own home?’.

So, Mr. Miller suspected of sexual abuse of one of both of his kids. Also strongly suspect that Pauline Quirk actually saw Miller, who looks very similar to Nige Carter.

Loose ends:

What’s on Tom Millers PC that’s so important?

Where did the cash under Danny’s bed come from?

What about the supposed argument between Danny and a postman?

What does the physic know?

Did the reporters mum/DS Miller’s sister really see something that night? If so, what?

money i’d imagine from the poaching they were doing on the side? although it was like 3 or 400quid, so probably a bit too much for that….i expect the money came from being told to be kept quiet about getting bummed from his mates dad

its all pointing towards millers family somewhere – ds miller did give it away with the how did you not notice it under your nose type comment, its a subtle point that made me think straight away that it was going to be the same with her own family somehow……i think the dad has been bumming both his son and his friend (under ds millers nose), and his son got jealous of it and lamped danny somehow or his dad was scared he was going to snitch and killed him, and then totally covered up by father/bummer

good series though, pretty sure pauline quirk was just the red herring, as is the vicar and nige….

could still be the mother though

TuckerUK
    Free Member

Could be the mother, she’s been squueky clean so far. Maybe she has Munchausen by proxy syndrome, but went too far.

tthew

I dont’ think the ‘postman’ was a postman. There was some CCTV footage shown IIRC and the van was a small red one, like the PO use, but had no livery.

Has to be Miller’s son involved somehow, his first response was to delete all his text messages off his phone.

brakes
    Free Member

pretty sure pauline quirk was just the red herring, as is the vicar and nige…

too many red herrings for my liking.
    I peered over the laptop at this as the missus had it on. thought it was ok after the first couple of episodes which was surprising as I dislike both Tennant and Colman (mainly because I hated her character in Peep Show) and they’ve dragged it out too much by implicating everyone in the village. this hasn’t made it tense and thrilling, it’s made me not care who actually did it.

derek_starship
    Free Member

this hasn’t made it tense and thrilling, it’s made me not care who actually did it.

Don’t bother peering over your laptop?

HTH

brakes
    Free Member

that’s easily done, but the running commentary from the missus is harder to avoid.

TuckerUK
    Free Member

I’ve got it, it’s all to do with people trading in sexy photos of Beth Latimer, which we get to see in the last episode. 😛

derek_starship
    Free Member

TUK – bloody brilliant idea.

Gary_M
    Free Member

I dont’ think the ‘postman’ was a postman

But postie, after being question in the street by police, went straight on the phone.

Surely if there was sexual abuse this would have showed up in coroners report.

spacemonkey

Apparently most of those on set were not even made aware of whodunnit until right at the end. It’s supposed to be a real shock too.

Defo reckon the copper’s husband and son are involved. Not sure which of them is most responsible though. I don’t recall the former being implicated at all so far – probably the only main cast member not to be so. So that could be a red herring in itself. Hmm.

spacemonkey

+1 JW is proper:

KonaTC

I think the dead kids dads finds something on the dead kids laptop that linked to the police woman’s son implicating the police woman’s husband.

The dead kids dad challenged the dead kid; it all goes horribly wrong, the dead kid dies.

The dad asks the bald plumber to help get ride of the body and make it look like an accident. The vicar and caravan woman see the body being dumped, the dead kids dad challenges the police woman’s husband over what’s on the laptop.

They all keep quiet think Dr Who isn’t that cleaver and won’t work it out as the other dead kids case fell apart

The dead kids mother is clueless, right up until the last 10 mins when it all becomes clear and Dr Who dies a happy man having solved the murder.

The caravan woman comes back and lives happily ever after with her dog

pete68
    Free Member

Not seen this weeks yet, but also thought millers husband after last week. Thought the series has been very good. I thought at the start that 8 episodes would be too long but they’ve managed to keep my interest. Only annoying thing is the accents. Everyone sounds like they’re from Bristol. My parents live just along the coast from west bay,where a lot of this is filmed and nobody sounds like this.

zippykona

Not a fan but mrs zip watches it. They just seem to have loads of stuff happening none of which will have any bearing as to who dunnit.
    They will randomly choose someone in the last episode.

Pieface

What’s the story with Tennant’s past?

wingnuts

Kona – was with for most of that. But the dogs has already met with a crossbow related accident.

TuckerUK
    Free Member

What’s the story with Tennant’s past?

All explained in last night’s episode. Won’t repeat it for those that haven’t seen it yet.

clubber
    Free Member

No it hasn’t. The dog was in Nige’s garden tied to a pole…

I rekcon that the daughter’s involved somehow – she always seems very defensive of Nige and clearly knows more than she’s said – I originally thought that Nige was sleeping with her and maybe killed the lad to cover things up. Not so sure now and the “How could you not see this going on right under your nose” line suggests that’s a direction the plot will go.

bigblackshed

Kona TC

There’s a job for you in script writing for ITV. 😉

King-ocelot
    Free Member

I too noticed the postmans van wasn’t a Royal Mail van but a plain red one so could be mistaken identity possibly not.

Girlfriend thinks it was coppers husband, I thought coppers son with the husband covering. Something about when the copper said ‘how can you not know it was going on in your house’ to quirk.

TuckerUK
    Free Member

😆 @ Terry Thomas

I raise you

King-ocelot
    Free Member

What about will Mellor? Did he see something and is just claiming to be psychic to cover his own tracks?

Gary_M
    Free Member

Unlikely to be the kid that committed the murder though, as again surely this would have come up straight away in coroners report. I would have thought it would be easy to tell if someone was strangled by male, female or child by hand size.

derek_starship
    Free Member

For you all:

wors

the dead kid dies.

Does that mean he come’s back to life?

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 51 total)

The topic ‘Broadchurch – Whodunnit?’ is closed to new replies.