Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Broadchurch – on itv1…
  • PrinceJohn

Apart from the yokel accents sounding like they’re extra’s from Hot Fuzz, what’s bothering me is would someone in the police force be able to investigate the death of someone they know so closely?

M1llh0use
    Free Member

Flippin lundun telly makers. Makin us darzet peepul sound darft.

😉

M1llh0use
    Free Member

And no, I wouldn’t have though that she should be on the case. But it’s telly.

Drac

Pssst! It’s a TV Drama.

DezB
    Free Member

Pssst! It’s an ITV Drama

Why would you bother?!

PrinceJohn

Why would you bother?!

It’s set where my good lady hails from so there was an element of curiosity. ITV didn’t do anything to make us consider watching again.

cinnamon_girl

Pretty rubbish imo. 😐

Pook

ITV or the programme?

One good thing ITV ever did, and that was the A-team and Airwolf on saturday afternoons.

Stoner
    Free Member

….and Poirot and Miss Marple and Morse and Frost and….

But they’re all so old now.

All the UK (even BBC) crime dramas these days seem to be super-melodramatic, and shouting and crying and emotional and “family”, like Eastenders with a copper in it. Not good TV IMO. Hence I think the success of more pensive, darker, scaninavian dramas like Killing, Wallander and Borgen etc

cinnamon_girl

Have been enjoying Spiral, in the absence of Scandi dramas.

Mounty_73

I kept looking for the Tardis! 😉

DezB
    Free Member

Spiral is great – I caught the start of the new series and then missed a load cos they are showing it a couple of times instead of once a week. Gutted.
    Still, I have my box set of “Sons of Anarchy”. I think it’s up there with the best series I’ve ever seen. Especially season 2.

rewski
    Free Member

Mayday is pretty good, so far.

cinnamon_girl

Dez – Spiral has 2 consecutive episodes on a Saturday night. I missed it first time around but managed to buy a boxset on fleabay. 8)

grum
    Free Member

Still, I have my box set of “Sons of Anarchy”. I think it’s up there with the best series I’ve ever seen. Especially season 2.

😆

Really? I thought it was enjoyable entertainment but utter nonsense.

Dorset_Knob
    Free Member

If they spoke like this on Broadchurch, I’d watch it:

But I bet they’re using that weird generic ‘west country’ accent they roll out, the one that sounds like a Norfolk/Irish mash-up.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Broadchurch – on itv1…’ is closed to new replies.