• This topic has 14 replies, 12 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by jimw.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Broadchurch (No spoilers)
  • jon1973
    Free Member

Great series. But adverts every ten minutes or so? wtf?

sadexpunk

yeah, was a bit bored with it tonight too. shame.

BiscuitPowered
    Free Member

Yep, got really tiresome, don’t usually watch things as aired and this has reminded me why.

Youview series link it is then. It’s a Tuesday evening show.

The show itself seems good so far, the stage is adequately set for plenty of intrigue to come…

sharkbait
    Free Member

The vicars looking shifty!
    I thought it was actually pretty good but it was nailed on that there was going to be a ton of advertising. Can’t decide whether to watch it on the Sky box and FF the ads or my Humax box that almost automatically removes the ads 🙂

njee20
    Free Member

Agreed, seemed to squeeze an extra advert break in there.

I’m not entirely convinced it’s going to hold my interest this time. I thought the last series got too long winded – too many episodes where nothing really happens, and I fear this entire series will be more of that!

convert

Youview series link it is then. It’s a Tuesday evening show.

That pretty much sums up all my telly watching – makes you wonder what monetary value TV ads actually have these days as a lot folk must do the same.

I heard David Tenant being interviewed about it on Front Row yesterday which piqued my interest. An odd interview as Tennant was contractually unable to talk about it in any detail and John Wilson interviewing him had not been allowed to watch it before the interview so it was ten minutes of generalities.

dmorts

Watched the first series on DVD and enjoyed it…. the adverts did spoil last night’s a bit. I hope that this series is as well written as the first and isn’t just tagged on “Oh, the original series was great, quick lets do another and turn it into a cash cow”

Also currently watching the second series of The Bridge on DVD, wondered if the Scandinavians are now watching Broadchurch?

EDIT: Might see how it goes with the ads next week and if it gets too annoying, either record it or wait for DVD. I find the ads annoying even if I can fast forward them

the-muffin-man

Why can’t things just conclude in TV land now!?

After last nights goings-on, the first series seems completely pointless as the whole who-dunnit thing will be played out all over again for umpteen episodes.

And to the OP – change the title as there’s bound to be spoilers posted!! 😀

dmorts

Why can’t things just conclude in TV land now!?

It’s all money driven

souldrummer
    Free Member

I thought it was quite good for the first instalment of a new series, but the frequency of the advert breaks really annoyed me. Also the ‘background’ music seemed incredibly loud to me. I know I’m a bit deaf, but I was really struggling to hear the dialogue!

stever
    Free Member

Also currently watching the second series of The Bridge on DVD, wondered if the Scandinavians are now watching Broadchurch?

Other way round isn’t it? 🙂

njee20
    Free Member

Also the ‘background’ music seemed incredibly loud to me

Interestingly Broadchurch was pushed as a concept by the fellow who composed the music for it (an over simplification I’m sure), so you may be onto something there.

wwaswas

Shoals of Red Herrings no doubt and I’ll probably watch next week on catch up but I thought they’ve started well for a ‘second series no one was quite sure would work’.

geoffj

So stuff that wasn’t resolved in series 1

1. That argument between Danny and the ‘postie’ according to the newsagent
    2. Nige taking Danny poaching and non-one except the boyfriend knowing; and
    3. How did Joe and Danny get access to that holiday house.

Mmmm

jimw
    Free Member

We recorded it, then whizzed through the adverts at 16x speed which gave us just enough time to try and work out what had just happened in the previous section-also paused a few times mid way through to do the same. It’s the only way we can keep up tbh

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Broadchurch (No spoilers)’ is closed to new replies.