Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Broadband recommendations – customer service over price/speed
  • mr_average
    Free Member

Following a house move it is proving impossible to get Plusnet to reinstate my mum’s broadband. Anybody able to recommend another supplier who are more clued up and with a phone answering time of less than 45 minutes (that’s not a made up time)? They were able to get the phone line going in only a week or so but the broadband still doesn’t work 6 weeks on. Not after anything special here – would just like to able to see her email, download a newspaper and browse some websites.

Thanks

aroyalnit
    Free Member

It’s not too cheap (£25/month + line rental), but I’ve had faultless service with http://aaisp.net/ – they’ll gladly take on a line with problems & get it fixed.

bruneep

Zen

GrahamS

Zen.

Pricey, but excellent customer service and up-time.

theflatboy
    Free Member

Zen

willard

Andrews & Arnold gets a vote from the chaps at work.

I’ve not had (m)any problems with Plusnet, but they are not to everyone’s cup of tea

Freester

Zen

P-Jay
    Free Member

Zen are indeed very good, it’s who we recommended in work (IT Support).

However provider won’t make any meaningful difference to line speed.

mr_average
    Free Member

Thanks for those names guys. I’d forgotten about Zen – they were the top customer service recommendation years ago so good to hear they still have it. I too have Plusnet and it works sort of ok (I think the limitations are in our modem/router hardware) but I’ve not needed to speak to them about my account in years so I hadn’t appreciated it was so difficult. There is some irony in telecommunication companies being so difficult to contact…

ArcticBeast
    Free Member

Always prefered dealing with aaisp, Have to deal with Zen these days find them a bit useless to fair.

unovolo
    Free Member

Xilo/Uno proper Northern bb(Sheffield based) not like those Plusnet pretenders.
    Line rentals one of the cheaper ones out their but bb is a bit more but very good, think I have had 3 outages in about 3years dealt with via email and had responses to queries within 5-10mins.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Broadband recommendations – customer service over price/speed’ is closed to new replies.