Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Broadband – options?
  • dknwhy

I’ve always had Virgin broadband and have been spoilt with fibre cable speeds (100mb)but am moving to an area that has Virgin but they are not taking on new customers as the network is at capacity. Once upgrade works are completed to the network, I can go back to them.
    In the meantime (12-18 months) I seem to be limited to non-fibre speeds (have checked with Sky, PlusNet and BT – up to 17mb).
    We’re fairly heavy internet users (2 kids – Netflix, streaming HD, Xbox gaming etc).
    Any alternative options that I haven’t thought of? I’d rather not go the mobile hotspot route as i’d rather have a broadband hub to connect devices to.

trailwagger
    Free Member

You’ve been spoilt, 17mb will be fine for the most part.

I get 20 odd mb (not tested it for a while), have four kids all with tablets/xbox/phones.
    We have netflix/now tv/amazon, two adult phones, two google homes, phillips hue etc and our internet doesnt seem to struggle.

Also at work we have 10mg, with 70 users, not a problem.

suburbanreuben
    Free Member

have checked with Sky, PlusNet and BT – up to 17mb).

I was promised “up to 17Mb”. The reality is 2…

peterno51

Zen internet, monthly contracts. Bit spendy, but very good.

Cougar

https://availability.samknows.com/broadband/broadband_checker

Anything else will be BT Wholesale resold so is exactly the same product.

dknwhy

Cheers all. Went for plus net. Seemed cheapest with some cash back through them and quidco.

n0b0dy0ftheg0at
    Free Member

Plusnet looks pretty good value at the mo, if you don’t want free evening and weekend calls.

Whoever you choose, don’t forget to use Topcashback/Quidco (unless they are doing a promo like BT currently, where if you do TCB, you don’t get the Amazon voucher).

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Broadband – options?’ is closed to new replies.