Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Broadband contract – can you get out of it???
  • chunkymonkey
    Free Member

Am with EE, for my sins, and it is absolutely useless. Barely get a signal in the bedroom when the router is at the bottom of the stairs and if we have more than one of us on-line at any one time it just crashes.

I’ve had numerous conversations with their ‘Technical Support Team’ and have had them check, re-check and then check again but they can’t sort the problem out.

Do I have a case for jumping ship and going with someone else? EE say I will have to pay the rest of my contract up but, as I see it, they aren’t carrying out their part of the deal so why should I?

Many apologies if this has been done before!!

scaredypants

so it’s the wifi router that’s shit ? (plug a computer via ethernet into the back of it & see how that goes – if it’s fast then it’s the wifi rather than the actual internetz) Try another router if their network will “let” you

leffeboy

Might not be ee or your router. Some older computers and phones just don’t play nicely with newer wifi. Do you have another computer you can try with?

Same with the two of you online problem. Some older machines won’t play nicely with newer ones 🙁 .

It’s a bit of a minefield and may be EEs fault but possibly not. If you are in an area with a lot of other wifi stations it can be almost impossible with cheaper gear

As scaredypants says though, the way to check is to use a cable with the router first. If that doesn’t work then the problem is likely to be the router otherwise it is the wifi

Then try with a newer computer to see if that fixes the wifi problem. If it doesnt then the problem is the wifi and I would add an external wifi access point (which I very often do)

It can also be worth using the inSSIDer program to see what other wifi is around as often you and your neighbours are all on the same channel as most people don’t change it. In that case changing the channel can make a big difference

chunkymonkey
    Free Member

Both laps are brand new, Microsoft Surface Pro 4 and an HP, but I’m no expert so will try the ‘plugginf Ethernet in’ route and see how it goes 🙂

Pains me to say it but never had the problem with Sky 🙁

leffeboy

Is jealous, would like the pro 4

Hopefully the cable will work as a good starting point
    (Note that if you want to use InSSIDer) for checking channels the last free version was 3 but it does still seem to be around

Fat-boy-fat

Bt will refund you up to £300 of contract buy out if you switch.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Broadband contract – can you get out of it???’ is closed to new replies.