Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Broadband and Parental Filtering
  • Coyote
    Free Member

I was under the impression that parental filtering was to be applied to all new domestic broadbands with folk who want to see grot having to ‘opt-out’. I know that TalkTalk have done this.

I’m trying to arrange some lines for some of our residential sites and so far the suppliers I have spoken to (including Zen and BT) have said that they don’t provide content filtering. In fact Zen have no plans to.

Anybody know any different?

wombat

Our Sky boradband is filtered so during the day anything above the equivalent of a 15 certificate is filtered out.

I can override it using the admin settings if I want to and can alter the times when the filtering is applied.

Haven’t tested it to see what I can get during the day though….honest 😉

bentandbroken

I was with BT until about 6 months ago and they introduced it while I was using their services

I am now with Plusnet (who are owned by BT) and they automatically enabled it when the service was started

Yes I did test it 😳

cokie

http://www1.k9webprotection.com/

This is very good! Lots of options, unobtrusive and free.
    If you need to access a questionable website then enter the password and select if you want the website enabled for one time, time period or permanent.

The default blocked websites are very accurate- it doesn’t just block the naked ladies, but also things like Liveleak.

Cougar

I’d use OpenDNS, personally.

somouk
    Free Member

Most decent routers have some form of content filtering built in that you could enable.

Open DNS is a good option too.

RDL-82
    Free Member

I’m with BT and every time I connect a new device to the router for the first time before it’ll load any web page it will ask whever I want to apply filter or some such and that if I do it will apply to all devices and not just that one. Have never turned it on so can’t comment on if it works but BT definitely have something in place.

brassneck

OpenDNS. If the boy figures out how to circumvent it he will have earnt his Dutch Miracle (though it’s Halo videos on YouTube that are more of a problem).

eatsdirt
    Free Member

Hi, when you said residential is this for a work thing? If its a not for profit you can probably use Symantec connect safe for free

deepreddave
    Free Member

I’m with BT and we have put parental restrictions through myBT. Goes off to research openDNS for sneaky teenagers….

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Broadband and Parental Filtering’ is closed to new replies.