Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Brixton Academy – getting there by car..
  • wysiwyg
    Free Member

Thinking of going to a gig in December, is this place easily accessable by car and parking nearby? Cant take public transport as finishes at 3 and work the next day..

pleaderwilliams
    Free Member

You can get there by car, if that’s what you mean by accessible? Pretty sure the Academy doesn’t have parking, but there are a few council car parks in Brixton. Or most on street parking in London seems to be free after 6 or 7. Check the council parking website (Lambeth).

CountZero

Depends where you’re coming from; if you’re coming from the west you have to go all around the South Circular. There is car parking nearby, a multistory.

Brixton Academy recommends that all customers use public transport.There is restricted parking around the Brixton Academy – however, there is a multi-storey car park on Popes Road – Cost is 0.80 per hour and it is open until 11.30pm.

It’s a pain driving across there from the M4, so I park at King’s Mall, Hammersmith, and tube over.
    But that’s just me.

Mister-P
    Free Member

Driven to and parked on the street within walking distance of Brixton Academy plenty of times.

wysiwyg
    Free Member

comin from notts, where does the pay to enter zone thingy kick in?

pleaderwilliams
    Free Member

Congestion charge zone is about 3 miles north of Brixton, so if you come in from the south you’d be fine. There is a map on TFL website, it’s easy to avoid it, and it stops at 6 anyway.

wysiwyg
    Free Member

tfl? 6?

theotherjonv

Transport for London

6pm.

There’s lots of parking around, but I’m not telling you where otherwise you might nick my spot 😉

Seriously – drive around a bit, a lot of residential areas.

rewski
    Free Member

Residential parking hell, I’d m25 it round to Croydon multi storey, bus in then taxi back.

wysiwyg
    Free Member

oooft might not bother, saw jaguar skills on sat and the prodigy a couple of years ago..

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Brixton Academy – getting there by car..’ is closed to new replies.