Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Brittany ..Benodet
  • Bat1
    Free Member

I’m off there in the summer , anyone been and took bikes. Looking at routes for the family anyone got owt?

heebyjeeby

Not sure about benodet but we were in mur de Bretagne last year and that area is positively teeming with familyf friendly cycle paths.
    Also there are some waymarked mtb trails on the south (I think) side of the lake which would warrant attention – just discovered these on our last day whilst out for a drive

igm

Area round Benodet is pretty flat from what I remember. Might be some pedally twisty stuff somewhere though.

molgrips
    Free Member

Now there’s a name I’ve not heard in..ooh.. a long time.

Went there one year as a kid. Can’t remember much, just bog standard dull old Northern France 🙂

hamishthecat
    Free Member

We had a cracking ‘Canvas’ holiday there about 10 years ago. But it is quite flat IIRC.

samcamsdad

Stopped at the eurocamp site near letty, just outside benodet three years ago. Nice area, quite flat from what i remember. didn’t look much for cycling but as i didn’t have a bike i wasn’t really looking.
    Benodet is really nice, but quite expensive if your eating out, especially if your there with kids.

totalshell

best part of the world for family holidays.. we usually go a little (10/15 miles) east pont avon is absolute fav but so is concarneau.. quiet easy on the eye relaxed plenty of cycle paths.. enjoy

woffle
    Free Member

Benodet and area is pretty flat – the roads are nice but traffic can be a bit hairy at times if you’re planning on riding with younger kids. There’s a nice couple of km along the sea front from Benodet round to Camping du Letty along quiet road / track if they’re young but it’s pretty limited.

What site are you staying at? We went on camping holidays to the area for about 20 years on the trot…

matthewjb
    Free Member

There are marked cycle routes all round Benodet.

The local tourist information sells maps. They are graded in difficulty.

Google turned up this which has some routes marked.

matthewjb
    Free Member

it’s pretty limited.

In recent years they have been marking up routes. Joining together off road bits with quiet back roads.

imnotamused
    Free Member

Don’t want to put you off but there’s absolutely nothing there at Benodet 🙁 Spent 2 weeks there a couple of years back. Never again. Sorry

Edit: realising that my post was a bit doom and gloom, the plus side of there being nothing there is that there are lots of quiet roads to explore

matthewjb
    Free Member

Don’t want to put you off but there’s absolutely nothing there at Benodet

What were you wanting that’s missing?

It’s a seaside town with nice beaches. Bigger towns nearby.

imnotamused
    Free Member

Some life and more than 4 restaurants…

Bat1
    Free Member

taking my kayak also
    Camping du letty

Thanks guys!!!

Mike-E

Spooky… We’re booked to go there this summer. Will be taking my road bike, I think.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Brittany ..Benodet’ is closed to new replies.