Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • Brits locked up in Brazil over fraud – No sympathy
  • Lardy_biker
    Free Member

Saw this story yesterday

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/8171908.stm

Law graduates failed to recognise that lying to claim money which isnt theirs is fraud and were surprised to get caught out by stupid jonny foreigner.

THEN

Cry and moan like crazy when they get arrested for it.

Sorry but i have no sympathy.

Cue parents platitudes about what good girls they are…….

Yeah right.

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

totally agree. "it was a misunderstanding" says family. No, your daughters are so stupid they claim to have been robbed JUST before they are due to fly home (how convenient), but have their passports on them, and store their "stolen" kit in their room! I believe the internet phrase is epic fail?

Smee
    Free Member

I'm going to create a new level for this one Mega Monster Mammoth Epic FAIL. Losers.

BoardinBob

Quite good looking as well.

They'll be passed around Cell Block H like a peace pipe 8)

mrmichaelwright
    Free Member

they can't have been that ill in Bolivia, everyone i've known that has been to south america travelling has come back looking like skellator

Smee
    Free Member

BB – you need your munter detection device recalibrated.

mrmichaelwright
    Free Member

😆 agreed

BoardinBob

BB – you need your munter detection device recalibrated.

😆

I don't imagine anyone would look too good if they were under arrest in Brail for fraud, but the Metro had better pictures of the blondie 8)

http://www.metro.co.uk/news/article.html?Law_graduates_held_in_Brazil_for_insurance_fraud&in_article_id=711179&in_page_id=34

MTT
    Free Member

Standards at the University of Sussex have dropped…

oh wait…

cynic-al
    Free Member

Whatever happened to innocent until proven guilty? Does anyone know the facts like whether they filed a claim etc?

Usual stw "here's someone I can call stupid so I can feel better about myself" thread, as many EPIC FAILS on here as in that prison cell.

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Quite good looking as well.

And her mum is milf…

coffeeking
    Free Member

I couldnt help it:

coffeeking
    Free Member

Whatever happened to innocent until proven guilty? Does anyone know the facts like whether they filed a claim etc?

Well without seeing the legal documents no, but the police claims are that they told them they had been robbed on a bus, thought they sounded suspicious and took them back to their hostel where they found the stuff hidden in their room. I'm not sure how else that could be read? Someone framed them, hid all their stuff and in a drunken stupor the girls though they'd lost it on a bus and reported it, then the framer returned it. Seems unlikely.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

super massive black-hole of FAIL!

On the other hand I've little sympathy for insurance companies, Any students insured with endsleigh? You may as well not bother, just pocket the £65, and if you are ever robbed just get a saturday job for a few weeks. It'll take less time and effort than dealing with each successive department untill you'r claim is accepted, everything sorted? Nope, even once you've chased your own tail, their tail and brought them a mystical unicorn to prove your PC realy is bust after you moved flats, they forget to send the fkkkiinnnnnn cheque!

Dylan08
    Free Member

Ahh the old 'false claim on the insurance to pay for the holiday / travelling trip' trick

… but with added back-fire!!

mrmichaelwright
    Free Member

Endsleigh are the absolute kings of insurance, no argument that they are the best at doing what insurance companies do which is take your money then do their upmost to dissuade you from claiming

coffeeking
    Free Member

Seems odd to claim on your insurance for something damaged in transit. I'm not saying they aren't offering that, it just seems odd. Surely the damage in transit is due to bad packing and handling and ultimately the wrong persons insurance is paying out?

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

nope, I took out accidental damage cover (it was a new-ish PC), as being a student i didnt have £500 lying arround to replace it if a beer got spilt.

It was accidentaly damaged (though not by beer) so I claimed. Claimed in febuary (ish), I'd graduated, started work, moved house, got very angry, then eventualy got some money out of them before christmas!

coffeeking
    Free Member

fair enough!

Lardy_biker
    Free Member

One Dad is on his way out with a copy of each of their degrees as this will get them special treatment apparently.

Surely if youve studied law for however many years then you should be ecven more conscious of what is right and wrong (er. possibly not).

At least they wont be missing out on jobs as there are now no new legal jobs for graduates (because of the credit crunch) according to lawyers

taxi25
    Free Member

Thier pretty lucky realy.Imagine if they were Brazilian and met our police over here!!!!!!

jon1973
    Free Member

Thier pretty lucky realy.Imagine if they were Brazilian and met our police over here!!!!!!

Where as the Brazilian police are well known for their exemplary behaviour.

Brazilian police 'execute thousands'

sofatester
    Free Member

🙄

If you travelled outside the UK you will soon realise that our police are one of the most professional and accountable forces in the world.

scaredypants

#
    jon1973 – Member

Where as the Brazilian police are well known for their exemplary behaviour.

sofatester – Member

If you travelled outside the UK you will soon realise that our police are one of the most professional and accountable forces in the world.

Well, I LOLled

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

>taxi25 – Member
    >Thier pretty lucky realy.Imagine if they were Brazilian and met our police over here!!!!!!

which generated replies.

I'm (Mr MC) a copper and I thought that was funny! (even if i applaud sofatester's reponse, maybe cos I dont work for The "one disaster after another" Met, who've stopped shooting and beating people just long enough to lose a case file for a vicious rapist who is banged to rights on DNA..)

fontmoss
    Free Member

Hey Mr MC please stop redressing the balance, we need villains and stereotypes on stw!

guitarmanjon
    Free Member

I just hope the Brazilian legal system will show leniency and mercy.

Yeah right! Having spent plenty of time in Brazil and having family there, I'm sure the legal system will not show leniency, certainly not for a while. It'll take weeks for all the paperwork and beurocracy to go through. Unlucky. Now, what they should've done was to offer the accompanying coppers a few notes and they would've happily gone along with their "misunderstanding".

Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)

The topic ‘Brits locked up in Brazil over fraud – No sympathy’ is closed to new replies.