Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • British Heart Foundation Rides
  • southernsteel
    Free Member

I was thinking about entering the Exmoor event. Has anyone done it? Is it good/bad/ugly/hard?

MRanger156
    Free Member

I'm running the Great North run for BHF and to be honest their organisational skills are less than impressive.

singletracksurfer

probably depends on the region/person running it.

It was cancelled last year due to the weather.
    Heard good things from previous ones and this year has a selection of route options.

Great riding there, well worth the trip – coincides with Porlock carnival this year, so should be a fun weekend for all the family.

handyman
    Free Member

did the exmoor 2 years ago a good ride but take lights we did, just back up ones as my mate was a bit slow and we finishede in the dark, we did the longer route.80 miles i think, hardest thing is getting up at 530am to get to start having driven 5 hours night before to get to b and b. it seemed well organised apart from the guy doing bike repairs from a local shop i broke a shock mount bolt and this guy drove up so pissed he fell out of the van twice, otherwise a good day

patentlywill
    Free Member

Related thread here

oes anyone know if it's still 5.30 am start – sounds a bit keen – esp if I drive the same morning from Cheltenham….

singletracksurfer

from 6-7am for the 100km, 7-8am for 75km etc so riders doing the longer routes can get registered before the others. Suppose you can turn up later but you will get held up more (and need to pedal quicker).

i'm staying the night beforehand – there is Sparkhayes campsite in Porlock or http://www.burrowhayes.co.uk just outside, but very nice.

thats_not_my_name
    Free Member

I'm doing the Exmoor ride as well, though I haven't decided on which route yet! Booked into a B&B in Porlock yards from the start 🙂

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘British Heart Foundation Rides’ is closed to new replies.