Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • British Cycling Legal advice
  • BristolPablo
    Free Member

reading through the booklet last night, I noticed that it explicitly states that most of the legal assistance, third party liability etc benefits are only available to Race Gold, Race Silver and Ride members? Have I missed something about Race Bronze licence holders (like me!) or is my membership pretty much worthless? I’ll email BC but just thought i’d ask here as someone else must be Bronze Race licence holder and able to help…

simondbarnes

Race bronze seemed completely pointless when I joined BC. Needed silver to be able to ride with my (now former) club as no liability insurance with race bronze membership.

BristolPablo
    Free Member

Thanks for that, had Ride status last year to get all those benefits (amongst other stuff), thought I might try some races in 2013 so upgraded assuming I would retain those benefits, its my fault for not checking but I’ll give them a call and ask if there is a sensible reason why they remove the benefits for Bronze licence holders!

zilog6128

The “race bronze” membership is half the cost of the “ride” membership, how is it an upgrade? Bronze is for people who just want a race licence the cheapest way possible, surely?

crazy-legs

Bronze is for people who just want a race licence the cheapest way possible, surely?

No cos you can’t get a Racing Licence with Bronze (well, you get a Provisional one but still have to pay extra “Day Licence” money anyway).

Bronze is essentially there for event organisers and officials (Commissiares, NEG etc). It gives the minimum possible level of insurance for organisers which is why it’s so cheap.

If you’re planning on (road) racing seriously, you need a Silver or Gold, Bronze is useless to you for racing.

Have a look at:
    http://www.britishcycling.org.uk/membership and for racing and Day Licences look here:
    http://www.britishcycling.org.uk/road/article/roa20120127-road-Single-Day-Racing-Licences-%E2%80%93-Road—Track-0

You can see that even with a Bronze, if you want to do a road race, you’re still coughing up Day Licence money.

BristolPablo
    Free Member

The “race bronze” membership is half the cost of the “ride” membership. How have you upgraded? Bronze is for people who just want a race licence the cheapest way possible, surely?

I upgraded in the sense that I now have race license but I didnt really register the price difference meant a reduction in benefits when I applied for it so sure, Bronze is for people who want to race as cheaply as possible (and I appreciate taht i would still need day licence!) whereas i quite like all those extra benefits if I have an accident etc so I’ll happily upgrade…

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘British Cycling Legal advice’ is closed to new replies.